Hi, Can we join in? (intro)

Started by Anonymous, April 04, 2005, 06:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Hi, I'm Ali and my hubby is Chris. First post here. Lurked around here for quite a while so i guess it's time to pull up a chair.

We're from England. Been into hotrods for ever. I've got a '36 5w coupe in progress. Chris has a '32 roadster. All home built stuff.

We've been to the States a number of times and attended a variety of runs. We've also travelled in rods around Europe (great fun) but this year we're doing something a bit different.

In a weeks time the roadster, along with our friends '32 5w coupe, will be boxed up and shipped to Ca for the summer. We'll be flying out to meet up with the cars in June and August. Seems we'll be crossing paths with the RRT California Tour 2005 in June and later on B'ville - we're following on to Deuce Day, Hot Rod Week, Pleasanton and whatever else we might cram in :)

This trip will cost us a bundle but we figured there's little point in waiting till we're retired or can actually afford it  :oops: -  the bank has lots of money they're happy to let us use for a while Your a long time dead, right?

So it seems as we'll be likely to be in the vicinity of some of you guys it's only polite to say hi and we'll see you on the road and probably at some of the stops too?

I'm soooo excited i gotta pee  :oops:

Ali

WZ JUNK

WOW, Welcome, hope to meet you this summer.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

47wood

Sounds like a terrific trip and what better time with the weak dollar!  Keep us posted on your itinerary.  There is a lot of California experience among RRTers so we can probably fill in any blanks you've got.  And it'll be nice to hear someone talk about how cheap our gas it.  Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Fat Girl"I've got a '36 5w coupe in progress. Chris has a '32 roadster. Ali

First of all I'm jealous as the '36 is my favorite 30's car and I'll probably never have one.  Second welcome to RRT.  

In August  I hope you come by Blanding, UT and meet up with some of the rest of us for a personal tour of canyon country and then the trip up to the salt with us via Bo Huff's place (a must see).  If you can you should try and spend a couple days in the area seeing Monument Valley, Arches and Canyonlands.  Stop by the Grand Canyon, Bryce and Zion National Parks on the way here.  Great country to be driving a hot rod in.

A couple of the Swiss guys in the above photo did what you are doing about 6 years ago.  They shipped two cars over ('57 Chevy and a 60's Chevy) and drove from the west coast to the east coast.  They sent me this card the following spring.

Looking forward to meeting both of you,

Sum

parklane

Welcome to the RRT. Since you have been checking us out, you know what you are in for!!, and silly you decided to join up anyway :lol: BTW Ali, were you able to control your bladder, or :oops:  :oops:  :P

John
If a blind person wears sunglasses, why doesn\'t a deaf person wear earmuffs??

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Fat Girl"Hi, I'm Ali and my hubby is Chris. First post here. Lurked around here for quite a while so i guess it's time to pull up a chair.

We're from England. Been into hotrods for ever. I've got a '36 5w coupe in progress. Chris has a '32 roadster. All home built stuff.

We've been to the States a number of times and attended a variety of runs. We've also travelled in rods around Europe (great fun) but this year we're doing something a bit different.

In a weeks time the roadster, along with our friends '32 5w coupe, will be boxed up and shipped to Ca for the summer. We'll be flying out to meet up with the cars in June and August. Seems we'll be crossing paths with the RRT California Tour 2005 in June and later on B'ville - we're following on to Deuce Day, Hot Rod Week, Pleasanton and whatever else we might cram in :)

This trip will cost us a bundle but we figured there's little point in waiting till we're retired or can actually afford it  :oops: -  the bank has lots of money they're happy to let us use for a while Your a long time dead, right?

So it seems as we'll be likely to be in the vicinity of some of you guys it's only polite to say hi and we'll see you on the road and probably at some of the stops too?

I'm soooo excited i gotta pee  :oops:

Ali

Welcome.
That sounds like a great adventure; good on you.
When we were in LA we met a Brit who worked at a rod shop.  He has a flat associated with his home that he lets out to Aussies, Kiwi's and Brits when they visit.  I'll see if I can find the name and number.  I'l send a PM, if I locate it.