Since I saw my name mentioned here--

Started by earl schieb, April 02, 2005, 01:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

earl schieb

I guess I should say hi and stuff 8)

Hi y'all, I'm Mike from Middle Tenn. I own a body shop in a little town and stay pretty busy with rockstars like Hotrodladycrusr--yeah, I'm the goober that painted Big Olds (last night). Denise and Rudy are my friends, I'm proud to say, along with a bunch of other HAMBers(yeah, I'm one of them :shock: )
Although I'm a lurker here(nearly 2 years ), I met some of you guys at the Nats in L'ville last year(I'm that long-haired guy that was seen with Denise) RRT seems to be full of nice, knowledgeable folks that I wouldn't mind living next door to(a criteria for friendship). I hope to expand my circle and learn at the same time.
As far as cars and such, I'm more of a 50s/60s kinda guy these days. Caddys and Chevys do it for me and I have several of each marque. I've been down the street rod road too, all the way from a steel deuce 3-window to 'glass 33-4s and others not worth mentioning. All I have OLD these days are some COE cabs that I hope to get on chassis and on the road one of these years.
This is about as good as I can do for some kind of intro, and I'll try to keep my trap shut unless I have something to offer. Nothing left to say but hey, I'm glad to be here!

GPster

I think paint on the "Big Olds" is intro enough. The biggest problem you'll have here is trying to keep up on everything Denise says about you. Can you give us any photos about how it turned out? She needs to spend more money on a good camera. If you want Denise as a neighbor you'll have to have an in-ground pool. GPster

Roadstar

Welcome to the RRT Mike. It's devinatly my pleasure to be thought of as your friend.

If you look up "Southern Hospitality" in the dictionary you will probably find a pic of Mike.

I am sure you will find lots of interesting stuff to read and discuss here at this site. The people here are car people to the core.  And the dress code is not real strict :wink:

Hi Mike...Glad you decided to join us! Look forward to meeting you somewhere down the road this year! You know.....You'll always be referred to as "The guy who painted Big Olds"....hope you can handle all of the fame/fortune that is surely to follow :lol:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

kb426

Welcome. Schieb was my nickname after high school. I ran a body shop for awhile and ended up painting all my friends cars.
TEAM SMART

purplepickup

Welcome!  You done good on Denise's car.  What a change!  I followed the details on the HAMB.

I met you at Louisville on the grounds but I met you....kind of.....before that.  I was staying west of Louisville in Corydon, Indiana and decided to take a shortcut to the fairgrounds.  Well, long story short, I ended up almost to Lexington before I figured out I'd gone way too far so I turned around and headed west, back towards Louisville.  I still wasn't real sure where I was, then I saw your truck ahead of me and thought you might be going to the fairgrounds but even if you weren't I'd follow you anyway.  It might have been the chrome bulls balls hanging under the rear end.....maybe the smoke bombs you were letting off....or maybe it was the HUGE BANG that your truck made when you went under bridges.  I don't know, but I figured wherever you were going had to be a cool place.  

I love your sense of humor and you seemed to be just exactly the way Roadstar described you.  Again....Welcome.

Here's a couple of pics I snapped while driving.  The quality ain't so hot but it sort of shows why I liked your truck.  I wish I could have got a better one of the smoke bomb.  You could barely see your truck thru the smoke and it was coming out of every body seam and the grill, big time....cool. 8)

George

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hi sweetheart!  Glad you finally decided to come outta lurker statis.  See, I told you these guys wouldn't bite..... or at least not very hard.

I thought about you earlier today.  We just got back from a junkyard crawl with a stop back at Enjenjo's shop afterwards.  You and him have ALOT in common, neither of you ever throw ANYTHING away.  :lol:

Welcome to the RRT.  Hope to see you hanging out here more often

xoxoxo
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Sean

Welcome to the RRT Mike. Great job on Big Olds too.

earl schieb

Quote from: "purplepickup"I still wasn't real sure where I was, then I saw your truck ahead of me and thought you might be going to the fairgrounds but even if you weren't I'd follow you anyway.  It might have been the chrome bulls balls hanging under the rear end.....  [ ]

Aw heck George, thanks for makin me feel right at home :roll:

I gotta clear up one misunderstanding----that ain't my truck(I never had one THAT nice :shock: ) I was just test driving it ! When I first laid eyes on those bull balls, I knew I had to make it mine 8) ..... Couldn't make the deal though--the guy that owned it wouldn't take food stamps  :wink:

47wood

Welcome to the RRT Mike ...nice paint work.  Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

enjenjo

Mike, do you know Tim Mc Carty? He is down in that area now, he did several paint jobs for me.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

rumrumm

Welcome, Mike. Good to have you officially on board. Nice work on Big Olds.

Lynn
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

OldSub

Hi Hacker!

I mostly lurk here too.  Great group with lots of helpful information.  They tolerate my occasional comment or question pretty well.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com