Blimey car in Arizona

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, March 27, 2005, 08:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I took delivery of the Triumph car today.  I met Sean at my work place since it was sorta in the middle of the valley between him and me..  Sean hauled the car down from jbirds place near Sacramento CA

A nice fellow, he has a son named Sean too!  Sean is on the HAMB.

I did not have time to tear into the car today..  I finally got time to trench up some of my back yard to get the water main pipes routed for sprinklers for some areas of  the yard
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

First, an observation, the last time I was there, you didn't appear to need sprinklers.

Second, a question, what kind of bugs did you spray on it?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dolly

Hey Cros, that's not a Trumph, it's a Standard Ten, a product of the Standard car Company of Britain.

May have been badged triumph in the US, but as I understand it at the time that model was in production only the Sports Cars made by the Standard car Company were badged Triumph, The bigger cars were badged Standard Vanguard and the tiddlers just plain Standard.

In Australia, the Standard car Company which later became known as Australian Motor Industries also assembled Rambler vehicles.  The company continued building Ramblers and Standard/Triumph vehicles alongside a new Japanese make until the demise of the American and English companies and is now known simply as Toyota Motor Corporation Australia.
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

PeterR

QuoteI took delivery of the Triumph car today. I met Sean at my work place

How much do you propose to charge Hughes when they use that photo on the front cover of their catalog.

Bib_Overalls

Sprinklers???  I thought that every time you bought a new (old) car you put down another 10'x20' slab of concrete.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Leon

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Sprinklers???  I thought that every time you bought a new (old) car you put down another 10'x20' slab of concrete.
Ya hafta water concrete to make it grow :lol:

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"First, an observation, the last time I was there, you didn't appear to need sprinklers.

I would guess that since it has finally  stopped raining here..... your dad has gone back home to Ohio?  :lol:

My understanding is the car is Triumph model 10....... but then I do not understand much.

Standard 10 , model 10 , Triumph .......... this ain't your daddys Buick & I like it.

I need to measure  but I think a crate GM 502 motor will fit the car.  :wink:
Tony

Jbird

Sean showed up in the nick of time, it's rained nearly every day since he picked the car up, the resident mud monster has taken over my back yard.

The info I got from the Standard 10 web site is, in the late fifties the Standard car co. was going under, Triumph aquired it and rebadged the cars as Triumph Standards.

Those bumpers can be found at most respectible lumber yards, sometimes even on sale. I think the shag carpeting is gonna be hard to duplicate though.

I was gonna spray it for bugs, but they'd all called it home for sooo long I just didn't have the heart.

Crosley was that a typo? 502, I think you meant 50.2.
   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Crosley.In.AZ

Pulled up the shag carpet  and found some holes.  Looks like some body wanted to work on the tranny without taking it out?

Photo of the VIN tag shows whom built the car...

I also learned a fellow that we developed an adapter & torque converter  to bolt a GM powerglide tranny to a Mazda rotary engine has decided to sell the whole setup.  He built the engine and tranny for a rock crawler and cannot get the combo to work how he wants.  I have not heard the price, not cheap I would think
Tony

Jbird

Well you're already a foot farther back than I ever got when I tinkered with it, I stopped at the bellhousing. At least you won't have to remove so much metal to plug in the powerglide. Were you able to salvage the shag carpeting?   You know, I never even looked under the back seat for any valuables.        Jbird 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

heck, I took the front seats out.  Found a pair of pliers.....

I am not sure I can bring the wood grain treatment of the dash back to life or not

:shock:
Tony

Jbird

See there, you're already reaping benefits from your investment.
You can get a new dash panel at the same place you get the bumpers.

Tony, if you're trying to make me feel bad by posting these deconstruction (I got that word from some reality hotrod show) photos, it's not working. There way more enjoyable than actually doing the work.
        Jbird 8)

Crosley.In.AZ

I took a smoke wrench  (oxy-acel torch) to the little car tonight.

Have no fear , I was burning off the various forms of plant and bugs stuck to the bottom of it.

I noticed the front suspension bolts onto the body shell.

I learned the price tag of the rotary engine setup..... out of my budget

8)
Tony