Congratulations to your lads, Carps!

Started by av8, March 20, 2005, 04:04:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

av8

Very nice showing by Toyota in Malaysian F1 GP just ended. 8)

Mike

grazza

And how about the FORDS at Adelaide? :lol:
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone

klassik

Stuff the Fords at Adelaide, that was Toyotas first podium.

I have been waiting as long as Carps has for them to get up on the stage, having worked for the Panasonic merchandise team. The best part was watching them lap those bloody red ferraris  :lol:

That was something I thought I would never see.

Big hats off to Toyota/Panasonic for the 2nd and 5th places.. Who knows maybe a one two at Bahrain?

Craig
Before you criticise anyone walk a mile in their shoes, then you will be a mile away and you will have their shoes :lol:

nzsimon

Now ya just gotta make Scott Dixon's car faster he was 12th?
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Dolly

Quote from: "nzsimon"Now ya just gotta make Scott Dixon's car faster he was 12th?

I didn't even know scotty was running in the formula one event.   :wink:
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Carps

Quote from: "av8"Very nice showing by Toyota in Malaysian F1 GP just ended. 8)

Mike

Thanx Mike, It was Trulli a most gratifying day for everybody involved.

However the team are not getting too excited about it, because there's a lot more work to do before the season is done.

However, I would remind everybody that I did say four years back that it would take five years for the team to develop a competitive car, so to have achieved a podium in round two of year 4, does make me quite proud.  Likewise I also said to everybody who told me that the front row grid position in round one was just dumb luck or some kind of fluke, that they would soon be eating their words.  And you guys just know I'm going to be cashing in on that one.   :wink:

Fact is, the Melbourne finish would have been much better if the tyres had held up, or even if Jarno had been allowed to replace the blistered tyre instead of being forced by the new rules to continue racing on it.

There's still more changes to be made to the car's aero package and there's a couple of items being updated on the engines in order to deliver some more straight line speed now that they've got the cornering pace happening.

For the record, Trulli's engine has covered 1,124 kilometres and is still in pefect condition.  Likewise, Ralph's engine, in equally good shape has covered 1,171 klimotres whilst both jordan engines have travelled over 1,300 kilometres and they too are in perfect condition.

Jarno is very quick and highly focussed with a point to prove to his ex employer at Renault.  Likewise Ralph so desperately wants to beat his brother (and the rest of the feild) that  he is probably trying too hard, but he'll settle down.  His fifth place was a pretty good result especially considering he suffered the same tyre blistering that slowed Jarno down in Melbourne and his car was subsequently damaged (lost side aero device and winglet) in a coming together with Mark Webber during the race.  Being the only team with two cars in the top five is not a result that any team is going to be upset about.

In fact, the icing on the cake is that Toyota Panasonic Racing is placed a very close second in the Constructors Championship.

Final placing s were:

1: Alonso - Renault
2: Trulli - Toyota
3: Heidfeld - Williams/BMW
4; Montoya - McLaren/Mercedes
5: Schumaker - Toyota
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

nzsimon

Quote from: "Dolly"
Quote from: "nzsimon"Now ya just gotta make Scott Dixon's car faster he was 12th?

Thats why my subject line says "Indy" young dolly
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Dolly

Quote from: "nzsimon"
Quote from: "Dolly"

Thats why my subject line says "Indy" young dolly
Who reads the post subject line?   :?
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.