Aussie Nationals

Started by Pope Downunder, March 29, 2005, 07:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Downunder

Well, I went; and, I am back!  I thoroughly enjoyed the trip, and caught up with many old friends who I don't see very often.  It was a good event.

Round-trip, with running around, cruising etc was around 1100 miles.  The new engine went great, and overall it averaged 21.7 MPG, towing George II around the speed limit.  

George II was a snap to put up and pull down by myself and provided me with a comfortable home for three nights.

Neil....Glad you had a good time!I'm sure with all of the turmoil in your life lately,it was a welcome relief to get away.Tell us a bit more about the mini-rods when you get a minute.Are they fully functional?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "40"Neil....Glad you had a good time!I'm sure with all of the turmoil in your life lately,it was a welcome relief to get away.Tell us a bit more about the mini-rods when you get a minute.Are they fully functional?

Yes, they all run.
They had a grass track set up and the kids could run around there all day if they wanted.  Some of them were fairly quick.  There was limited supervision, but enough to keep it safe.  They had to have an external  kill-switch.  I have a picture at home of one on the track, in a 4-wheel drift.

I am thinking of building one for my children; although mine will not be of this show standard.  A mate has offered me a lawn tractor diff and wheels for free, so I need to figure-out the rest.  You can buy bodies and chassis etc., but the cost quickly gets out of control.  I'll start with a bare body, and see if I can build the rest.

I need to figure out a configuration that I can drive!  Purely for testing and safety purposes, you understand!  :wink:

Mr34

Here is a couple of pics I took at the nationals i Australia:

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Mr34"Here is a couple of pics I took at the nationals i Australia:

snip

That is an excellent picture you took of the '40 coupe.  I'll post a few more shots.

Dave

That black Forty coupe looks just like mine! Oh, except it is a touch cleaner, a little shinier, is lower and has different wheels!

grazza

Quote from: "Dave"That black Forty coupe looks just like mine! Oh, except it is a touch cleaner, a little shinier, is lower and has different wheels!

And it was in Queensland, than that it is zakerlie like yours Dave :lol:
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone