measurements on a 28chev pu?

Started by cyberrodder, March 20, 2005, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberrodder

Though I am having trouble finding an existing cab, let only I want some doors so I have set out to build a cab. Now I have model A and 31 pickups specs assuming they would be close to a chev but its looking like the chev is smaller which I find strange.

anyhow I currently have a chev 28 cowl which at the end of the cowl it is around 33in wide at the base of the chassis. (the chassis is 31 at this point)

What I need is some measurements at some points  
 1. at the middle of a typical pu door what is the width on the outside of the cab.
 2. as I want to create my doors upto 28.5in long so can some provide me with a width accross the entire cab at the end of doors. please specify how long yours doors are please.

thanx all
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

purplepickup

I don't know how much help this is because my truck is a '31 Chevy.  '28s had much narrower doors.  Mine are 29" long measured on the outside at the middle of the beltline.  The cab is 53.5" wide, outside to outside, at the beltline on the rear door jamb.  

If you're building it from scratch it seems like you could build it any dimension you want.  I would put longer doors in it and make the cab longer.  2 door sedan doors would be perfect if you could find some that the beltline would come close to matching your cowl.
George

cyberrodder

Do you find the 29in doors to be adequate.
I am building off a tourer chassis, this what I have so far
1. From the cowl witness marks I have the cowl back to 15.5in
2. doors to be 28.5in (which takes me to 44in)
3. another 11in before the rear with a 7in window put in.

I am also channelling it 2in I have been steeling the base out over the weekend to give me a platform to work off.

53.5 boy that is wider than expected looks like I will have widen it some more I was look at around 42in hmm.
thanx for that I need to work out an acceptable body curve of it.

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

purplepickup

My cab is 50 inches from the front of the firewall to the back of the cab and I wouldn't want it any smaller.  There's no foot room at all.  I've got another cab and if I build it I will make it longer.  I'll cut the roof and add length and use 2dr sedan doors.

I'm sure you'll be building yours to your tastes.  I just would prefer a little more room.  I drive a lot of miles in it.  It isn't bad to just drive around town but I've put over 1000 miles in a day on it and I could hardly walk.  Even 500 miles is hard to do.
George

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup"My cab is 50 inches from the front of the firewall to the back of the cab and I wouldn't want it any smaller.  There's no foot room at all.

WHAT :!:  :!:  :!:

i seem to remember lots of leg room in your truck.

OH wait the leg cramps i got while trying to get in must have blurred my memory.

hehehe

yup i'd build it bigger if you can.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

cyberrodder

I didnt want to go bigger than 55in as I thought that was starting to stretch it to  far as the back starts to move to close to the kickup area of the chassis.

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

Mr Cool

Ive got a few chevs here if you need to come over and do some measuring yourself.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

cyberrodder

have you got a closed cab pickup?
I thought all yours where roadsters?

cyber
--------------
37 Chev Oz
28 Chev

Mr Cool

Quote from: "cyberrodder"have you got a closed cab pickup?
I thought all yours where roadsters?

cyber
and tourers.
No closed cabs, sorry.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.