Z28, 700 R4 auxiliary valve body.

Started by 40_Tudor, March 15, 2005, 12:21:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40_Tudor

We have customers 57 Chevy in for work.
We're getting a 700 R4 trans built for it but our transmission man is have a hard time finding a valve body.
He needs a 1988 auxiliary valve body out of a Z28, Corvette or police interceptor transmission.
Anybody know where we can pick up a valve body:?:
40_Tudor

Crosley.In.AZ

is the actual aux valve body needed or the main v-body?

The aux v-body is the same tranny to tranny, few differences.

The main v-body is where all the calibrations are different
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

40_Tudor

Quote from: "Crosley"is the actual aux valve body needed or the main v-body?

The aux v-body is the same tranny to tranny, few differences.

The main v-body is where all the calibrations are different

How about a part No.
The trany # is a YB867442, the valve body # is 8667442.

40_Tudor

Crosley.In.AZ

again , we need to isolate what valve body we are talking  about.

None of the number listed were on the main cast iron valve bodies I looked at .  Early or late model v-bodys of the 700 type.

the aux valve body does have a similar number grouping on it's aluminum housing.    

example given "8667442" from previous post
Tony

40_Tudor

Quote from: "Crosley"again , we need to isolate what valve body we are talking  about.

None of the number listed were on the main cast iron valve bodies I looked at .  Early or late model v-bodys of the 700 type.

the aux valve body does have a similar number grouping on it's aluminum housing.    

Crosley
I'm not a trans man, so I'll have to check with our expert on exactly what he means. I got the numbers from my boss, how got them from the trans man. Maybe we lost something in the info transfer.
Anyway, its supposedly only in a Z28, Vet & police 700 R4 trans. Smaller valves, with the valve body open on both ends instead only one end.
As I said I am not the trans expert. When I get more info I will let you all know.
We've had this 57 in the back stall for about 3 months so we need to get the trans in it soon so this guy can drive it. It's almost spring and hot rods must run.
We got another 57 in yesterday for disc brakes conversion and power brakes unit. The shop is starting to look like a 57 Chevy dealership.
I'd like to get my 40 in to finish it but the boss has a 55 Nomad thats ahead of my 40.

40_Tudor

Anonymous

Quote from: "Crosley"again , we need to isolate what valve body we are talking  about.

OK,
Talked to our trans man today and he said the number, 8667442, is correct.
It's the number for the MAIN valve body.
GM quit manufacturing it 6/1990 and fits a Vet, Z28 and interceptor up to 1989 with 700r4 trans.
A GM dealer ran a check and no GM dealer had any in stock.
Anyone know where we can get one of these valve body's?
Thanks,
40_Tudor

Crosley.In.AZ

these valve bodies are out there ( used) .

You have to know what to look for in the shift valve sleeve sizes and springs
Tony