Whitewall radials

Started by sal37, March 15, 2005, 08:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sal37

Has anyone seen those new 16" whitewall radials by Coker??  What do they look like in real life - do they look similar to the old bias ply tires??

Steve

sal37

Quote from: "flatoz"www.coker.com

Thanks Flatoz
I've seen the Coker website but I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who had actually seen or even bought a set for their car.
Steve

32V8

I have bought a set of Coker 16 inch radials. They are on there way to Australia. I am a bit peeved about it coz there is a thread on Fordbarn, giving Coker a bagging. I wish I had bought Diamondbacks, but will have to wait and see.

Steve,I'd suggest talking to Diamondback....they will do any tire brand,any size,and make the whitewall any width you'd like.I personally have had only one set of Cokers and had no problems but several local guys have had trouble with them.I am currently running Diamondbacks on 3 of my cars and just received another set today for the 36 I'm trying to finish up.Great tires,Good prices and Great people to deal with!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

sal37

Quote from: "40"Steve,I'd suggest talking to Diamondback....they will do any tire brand,any size,and make the whitewall any width you'd like.I personally have had only one set of Cokers and had no problems but several local guys have had trouble with them.I am currently running Diamondbacks on 3 of my cars and just received another set today for the 36 I'm trying to finish up.Great tires,Good prices and Great people to deal with!
Thanks Daryle
I was not aware that Diamondback could provide such a good service.  I was wanting use a tire that was not too fat and the Cokers appeared to fit the bill but I am also aware the negative feedback on the brand.

Thanks
Steve

Steve,Diamondback puts thier whitewalls on a lot of Dayton tires....they have lots of narrower sizes and also have sort of an old-time tread look.The tires on my yellow 40 that I had at the Nat's are Dayton/Diamondbacks.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"