Unusual letterboxes

Started by Mr Cool, March 15, 2005, 11:01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Cool

Anyone got any pix of unusual letterboxes?
Found this beauty on a back-road about an hour from Melbourne (A little place called Lauriston, between Daylesford and Woodend).
Its a Y block mounted on a substantial steel pole. Looked to be reasonably complete too.
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

Anonymous

If I knew how to post a photo I would put mine in here.  Everyone says they Love my Emu but I say it is a Mail Bird.

What a waste of a good Y Block.

flatoz

that doesnt look like a Y block to me

Anonymous

Yeh OK who would want to paint a Y block Duck head blue for a start.

Mr Cool

Quote from: "flatoz"that doesnt look like a Y block to me
Well I aint a ford man, so what is it then?
Im nobody, right?
And dont forget, nobody\'s perfect.

Anonymous

Fuel Pump has me, Chrysler maybe ?

flatoz

small block mopar I would say looking at the intake and the valve covers. the Y blocks have two bolts to hold the valve covers thru the valve covers not on the sides and they have the water out let at the front of the intake at right angles to the radiator like a windsor.

plus Y blocks are too good an engine to do that to, you would only use something like a chubby for a letterbox :wink:

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Mr Cool"Anyone got any pix of unusual letterboxes?
Found this beauty on a back-road about an hour from Melbourne (A little place called Lauriston, between Daylesford and Woodend).
Its a Y block mounted on a substantial steel pole. Looked to be reasonably complete too.

If it was up near Broome, where they have those 11m tides, it could be a mooring buoy.

Is it a Ford(?);
But anyway; why do they paint Ford's blue?
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
So, they don't scare the fish!

tomslik

Quote from: "Pope Downunder"
Quote from: "Mr Cool"Anyone got any pix of unusual letterboxes?

If it was up near Broome, where they have those 11m tides, it could be a mooring buoy.

Is it a Ford(?);
But anyway; why do they paint Ford's blue?

guys, it's a 318-360 mopar...
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[
[