HRI Refugees

Started by Jahoota, February 23, 2005, 02:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"Simon Simon Simon you bluddy dill ... you told me you were a computer guru ... a geek .. a nerd .. the man !

Mike, it was the guys down the pub told you Simon was a geek and a nerd, but nobody mentioned anything about him being a "computer guru".  

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Carps

Quote from: "38HAULR"Hey Carps,are you getting a regular roving reporter,s gig on "RODDERS LIFE"?.Enjoyed the presentation from the hot rod show.........Frank.

I've already done a couple of sessions with Mick and whenever he turns up at an event where I'm present, we'll be doing something I'm sure.

I'm also in the process of converting a lot of my old analogue footage to digital so i can burn it to DVDs.  Whilst it's not broadcast quality footage, it's not that bad that mick can't use it as filler, so keep an eye out and you' may even see some of the characters from the RRT on Aussie Tee Vee.
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"Hmmmm  ... wonder who ya ol man is ??? [/'quote]
Old being the operative word, I'm reliably informed that to be a meber of his club you mus have your 'full' pensioner card.

And would a younger rodder 'forget' there's a cruise night happening?

QuoteI been to every Nats and keep seein that ol 40.

You mean that * yeller forty that way back had lotsa headlamps and big ugly tailamps?

QuoteNow we know ya ... I'll 2nd him Fat Cat.
Oh, I dunno, do we really need some young fella doin donuts on here in his dad's car?

Hmm, sounds like fun, OK, I'll third him.
Carps

Carps

Quote from: "mrloboy"Bill! You know the value of global friendship. The difference between American and Canadian culture is minute compared to our Aussie compadres.
Kerecktomundo, we don't need no stinkin cultcha!

QuoteAs Hot Rodders we all speak the same lingo.
Yup, and we all perve on purdy gurlz too!

QuoteThe slang only adds to the romance!
Yup, and some of us do get lucky with the purdy gurlz.

QuoteA couple years ago I had the pleasure of hosting a couple of bikers from Australia who where touring through our village on their jourmey through North America with their focus on Harley's 100th birthday. 18,000 Kms. in 49 Days! What a commitment.
Yup. my gurl often sez i should be committed.

QuoteThese fine gentlement came through our shop and spent the day with us ( In fact, after many "Buds" they spent the night at my home!.
Them bluddy Aussie are like that, gime em an inch and they'll take a mile.

QuoteA friendship was spawned!
A great result and in all seriousness, the deal runs both ways and there's plenty a Murrican or Furrin rodder spent time visiting with Aussie Rodders.  Ive even enjoyed showing non rodding relatives of my furrin rodding pals around my town, ot what freinds do.

QuoteShane, after touring my "field of dreams" fell in love with my '60 Olds bubbletop. The following spring he called and asked me to build the car in our shop. This summer he and Cindy will be coming to North America to retreive the Olds and take it to a few shows in the USA before shipping it back to Australia.
WOW a rich Aussie.  You aint got a mint but dirt cheap '57 Olds coupe with J2 and three speed stick lurkin about in the back of your shop have you?

QuoteThe debut event will be the Back to the 50's in St. Paul Minnesota. in June. Look for the primered peacock blue Olds with 20" Coloradas and air ride.Oh Ya! check out the right hand steering and the bald guy with the #### eating grin!
Hmm, I'm thinking that the grin has something to do with a cat, but it's not our illustrious host you were talknig about.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Big G

Hi Fellas, knew I was missing something, great to see the old banter hasn't changed.

Information for our hosts:-I am building a 1948 Ford Delux Panel Van (aussie model)with a 351C & C10 & one of my daily drivers is a 62 Falcon ute with a 302 windsor V8 (Only 6 cylinders made in OZ)

I am having problems posting the avatar which I took back from HRI before it ended. I have shrunk it to 4K & it still won't let me put it on stating it's over 6k.  I was wondering, were the avatars protected in some way??
Regards Glynn
There is NUTHIN like a throbbin V8

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Big G"Hi Fellas, knew I was missing something, great to see the old banter hasn't changed.

Information for our hosts:-I am building a 1948 Ford Delux Panel Van (aussie model)with a 351C & C10 & one of my daily drivers is a 62 Falcon ute with a 302 windsor V8 (Only 6 cylinders made in OZ)

I am having problems posting the avatar which I took back from HRI before it ended. I have shrunk it to 4K & it still won't let me put it on stating it's over 6k.  I was wondering, were the avatars protected in some way??

6k is only the file size limit. There is also a limit on the dimensional size of 80x80 pixels.

Big G

A little knowledge is dangerous, I have been trying to put this avatar on for days, It appears I saved it as some weird configuration & and by simply converting it to a JPeg file, it's accepted.  (I hope)
Regards Glynn

Anonymous

MrFatCat, I think you better let this Guy into the Aussie section I know him.

Big G

Regards Glynn

grazza

U in here 32coupe?  Na must be some other place.
Now U listen to me young man, I knew U was in 'ere, but I thought Id be polite to those nice American folks and say Hello on what looked, at the time, like the only place not infiltrated by BLOODY AUSTRALIAN's! But then I had another look I was even wrong about that! Do those poor guys know what is ahead of them, with you mob all together?  I guess as soon as they find out, we will see the reappearance of our beloved HRIBR site back up and running  :lol:
Graeme
My Mind Is A Dangerous Place
I Should not be allowed to wander through there alone