Roadster Pickup needs bumpers

Started by brianangus, March 14, 2005, 03:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianangus

I am getting close to the finish  with my model A roadster pickup, and the time has come to consider what to use for bumpers. I have considered nerf bars, spreader bars,no bumpers, etcetera, but really I like the look of stock model A bumpers about as good as anything I have seen. I have priced them out at restorers, and would have to mortgage my first and second born children and half of my retirement savings to go that route. I am looking for viable (read that as cheap) alternatives. Since my roadster pickup is a hybrid, I don't really care if they are 28/29 style bumpers, or 30/31 style (yes, they were different). If anybody out there has some used ones in relatively decent shape, email me at brupnow@rogers.com please. I also need the stock front mounting brackets----Since the rear of my pickup is totally custom built, I will have to fabricate my rear bumper brackets.

Fat Cat

Quote from: "brianangus"I am getting close to the finish  with my model A roadster pickup, and the time has come to consider what to use for bumpers. I have considered nerf bars, spreader bars,no bumpers, etcetera, but really I like the look of stock model A bumpers about as good as anything I have seen. I have priced them out at restorers, and would have to mortgage my first and second born children and half of my retirement savings to go that route. I am looking for viable (read that as cheap) alternatives. Since my roadster pickup is a hybrid, I don't really care if they are 28/29 style bumpers, or 30/31 style (yes, they were different). If anybody out there has some used ones in relatively decent shape, email me at brupnow@rogers.com please. I also need the stock front mounting brackets----Since the rear of my pickup is totally custom built, I will have to fabricate my rear bumper brackets.

I have a set of Model A rear bumpers, including brackets I will see about getting them out tomorrow and get some pictures.

brianangus