Amazing model airplane engines.

Started by purplepickup, March 12, 2005, 02:27:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Being gearheads I'll bet you guys will appreciate the hand made model airplane engines on this site. http://www.enginehistory.org/model_engines.htm

The Rolls Eagle 22 is absolutely awesome. :shock:
George

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"Being gearheads I'll bet you guys will appreciate the hand made model airplane engines on this site. http://www.enginehistory.org/model_engines.htm

The Rolls Eagle 22 is absolutely awesome. :shock:

WOW, that is amazing, I really like the video of the running engine!!!
I can't believe that anyone could make all those parts and make them into an actual running engine!

Pep

amasing....

I got a kind of wondering thought when I read this little notation about collection aircraft engines..

Collecting aircraft engines is not one of the easier pastimes to follow. It seems that the more difficult a task is to accomplish the more satisfying it becomes. With this thought in mind, collecting aircraft engines is the most gratifying hobby one can imagine. "

I just can't seem to get all excited about an engine on a stick :D  that's not attached to a plane. It's not as though you can jump on it and go somewhere...What would be the big thrill.....Geez...I think I'll invite the guys over and we'll crank up the 9 pot radial.... :wink:
See Ya
Pep

jeffa

Quote from: "Pep"amasing....

I got a kind of wondering thought when I read this little notation about collection aircraft engines..

Collecting aircraft engines is not one of the easier pastimes to follow. It seems that the more difficult a task is to accomplish the more satisfying it becomes. With this thought in mind, collecting aircraft engines is the most gratifying hobby one can imagine. "

I just can't seem to get all excited about an engine on a stick :D  that's not attached to a plane. It's not as though you can jump on it and go somewhere...What would be the big thrill.....Geez...I think I'll invite the guys over and we'll crank up the 9 pot radial.... :wink:

jeffa

(I'll try that again..)
Pep; You just don't get it :lol: . These guys make these engines. Usually from a billet. Now, go and make a Chev 350 from some castings, and make it go. THEN you'll understand.
Like most things in life: it's the journey, not the destination.
You could by a Rod...
You could fly to a Rod run...

Pep

Quote from: "jeffa"

(I'll try that again..)
Pep; You just don't get it :lol: . These guys make these engines. Usually from a billet. Now, go and make a Chev 350 from some castings, and make it go. THEN you'll understand.
Like most things in life: it's the journey, not the destination.
You could by a Rod...
You could fly to a Rod run...

You read me wrong...I was referring to the book on the home page thats called

The Art and Fun of
Collecting Aircraft Engines

The guys that build the 1/5th scale engines are amazing....the guys that collect real aircraft engines are...well...unique.
See Ya
Pep