What rotors?

Started by DRD57, March 18, 2005, 06:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

Does anyone know what rotors come with the Speedway disk brake kit for 37 Ford spindles. I believe it uses GM Metric calipers but the rotors are 11" with 5 on 4.5" bolt circle.

Are they re-drilled GM rotors or are they from something else like a Granada or Volare?

My bud is trying to save some $$ on shipping. If he can get the rotors locally he'll just buy the rest of the kit without the heavy bits.

Thanks,

Don

Dave

Quote from: "DRD57"Does anyone know what rotors come with the Speedway disk brake kit for 37 Ford spindles. I believe it uses GM Metric calipers but the rotors are 11" with 5 on 4.5" bolt circle.

Are they re-drilled GM rotors or are they from something else like a Granada or Volare?

My bud is trying to save some $$ on shipping. If he can get the rotors locally he'll just buy the rest of the kit without the heavy bits.

Thanks,

Don

Ill bet they are mopar volare rotors.. Thats what most of the 5 on 4 1/2  kits use
they been doing it that way for years.........
Dave
Oh ya ill look at mine tomorrow and post here but im sure they are 11 inch :wink:

C9

My 32 uses 68-73 Mustang rotors that measure 11" in diameter.
4 1/2" bolt pattern as you know.

The 31 uses Camaro rotors that measure 10 1/2" in diameter.
4 3/4" bolt pattern on these.
The Camaro's - in most cases - are unable to be drilled oversize due to they are webbed in the back and not cast flat so there's not enough material to retain the lug stud.

Here's a list from an article I did for C-Word's FSRA newsletter which went on to the HAMB later on.
The 32 runs 68-73 Mustang disc brakes. These are an 11" rotor as noted. Master cylinder for this installation is a 7/8" bore FoMoCo dual cylinder.
These discs and calipers are also found on the 68-69 Comet, 68-69 Falcon, 68-73 Cougar, 68-71 Fairlane and 70-71 Montego.

The complete article is here:  http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41585

There's a list of the GM rotors and calipers to use as well as the ChryCo discs you can adapt to the GM calipers.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "DRD57"Does anyone know what rotors come with the Speedway disk brake kit for 37 Ford spindles. I believe it uses GM Metric calipers but the rotors are 11" with 5 on 4.5" bolt circle.

Thanks,

Don

Call them and ask, but the rotors and bearing kit I got from them a couple years ago for a '37 axle/spindles had mopar rotors.

c ya, Sum