Custom Valve Covers

Started by sirstude, February 18, 2004, 03:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Hi all,

I am looking for some valve covers for my big block.  I have seen some where they have custom milling on the top (I want Oldsmobile milled into mine.)  I also want them to be as big as the ones I have now, see pic.  

Anyone have any ideas where I should look.  The new Moroso fabbed covers are reallly neat, but only 1/8" thick so i am sure no one could mill anything into them.  The covers I have now are also only about 1/8" inch think, racing stuff.

Thanks
Doug

ps.  there is a new shiny blower sitting there now.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

47wood

Doug,

Street & Performance in Mena, Arkansas has their own foundry and turns out some really nice valve covers which are available customised.  A couple of us toured their operation and were quite impressed at how heavy duty and high quality the products they make are.  You can check out their web site at: www.hotrodlane.cc  They'll send you a great catalog for the asking.
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

SKR8PN

If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

sirstude

Thanks for the sites.

I was checking out the February issue of Drive magazine and there is a 49 Packard that has valve covers just like I am looking for.  The car is owned by Bob Bruhn in case anyone knows of him.  the article says that they are custom valve covers, but does not say where they are from.

There is a picture of the car at: http://www.autofocus.net/sema03bobbruhnpackardjpg.htm

No shot of the valve covers though.

Any other hints are welcome.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

flt-blk

You could have someone engrave a plate with your text and weld them
into your existing valve covers.  A trip to the polisher and nobody's the
wiser.

TZ
Philosophy of hot rods
The welder is the Yin and the Grinder is the Yang

enjenjo

There used to be a shop up by KZoo that had blank top valve covers, and would mill whatever you wanted into them. I don't remember the name of the shop, but someone else might.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

JGross

I just had a set of valve covers and an air cleaner done by Flaming Engraving (flamingengraving.com) done and they are beautiful.  Go to their web site and see what they have.  Dee is the person I worked with. 1-866-663-5263. I had a custom set made for the Kaiser I am doing.  They put them on their web site to show what they can do.  Great people and good product.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

JGross

Quote from: "enjenjo"Here's a link  http://flamingengraving.com/

You guys go to bed too early!!!!!!!!!