Door handles Windows cranks, escutcheons and related parts

Started by bowtietillidie, February 25, 2005, 01:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowtietillidie

Now that we have gained some more Aussie friends I am wondering if maybe one of you may be able to help me out .   I have a 1942 Chevy  2dr. BLACKOUT CAR and I need the door handles ,window cranks , escutcheons and related parts for the inside of the car. These handles &
cranks also escutcheons are plastic . They will be a light tan in color with
a character line of darker brown around the escutcheon where the handle
or crank passes thru.   I have been told that after WW2 the U.S. dumped lots of these on Australia .    Also I have been told that your HOLDEN uses
the same parts. I had a fella in Brisbane Looking for me but he has never contacted me . Any info or parts would make a happy camper. Also If any one finds any thing please take pic's I want to make sure every body is on the same page. Once we find the right parts I will pay what is fair plus a finders fee
BOWTIETILLIDIE

alchevy

I'm in Mississippi and on my '40 Chevy 2dr Sedan it had parts similar to that. I went and dug out what I could find and I took two pictures of them.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com