Let's Talk Seats

Started by 40, February 28, 2005, 10:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

As I posted in an earlier thread,I'm about ready for the interior in my 36 Ford 5-Window Coupe.I have used Glide seats in the last couple of Coupes that I've done,but at $635 for the frame and foam,I'm thinking donor seat for this car.A few years ago,I used a split bench out of a Ranger pickup in a 37 Coupe and it worked out great....can't remember the year though.It seems it was late 80's.I know there are a few Ranger owners on board so any help will be greatly appreciated.I have a 93 Ranger and it has the high-back seats....not what I'm looking for.Also,any other donor seats that have worked out well for you in a similar coupe??Thanks!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

36couper

Quote from: "40"As I posted in an earlier thread,I'm about ready for the interior in my 36 Ford 5-Window Coupe.I have used Glide seats in the last couple of Coupes that I've done,but at $635 for the frame and foam,I'm thinking donor seat for this car.A few years ago,I used a split bench out of a Ranger pickup in a 37 Coupe and it worked out great....can't remember the year though.It seems it was late 80's.I know there are a few Ranger owners on board so any help will be greatly appreciated.I have a 93 Ranger and it has the high-back seats....not what I'm looking for.Also,any other donor seats that have worked out well for you in a similar coupe??Thanks!!

Daryle.....I bought leather buckets out of a new Cadillac CTS. There is a guy in Western NY who has some type of deal with the Big 3. He gets the seats out of hail damaged, transportation damaged etc. cars.  They were brand new, full power and fit like they were made for my '36. The best part is that they are one of the most comfortable seats my big butt has sat in!

GPster

I have an '89 Ranger. It has the 60/40 split seat but it has high backs. I believe even the regular seatsof this year have them too. So I know an '89 does and I know an '86 doesn't. Might look on the WEB and see where the break is on upholstery kits is. GPster

58Apache

I seen two different operations on E-bay selling seats.

One is an operation out of Indiana that customizes trucks, vans etc. They sell the factory seats, wheels etc. on E-bay.

Another is a big junk yard operation that has facilities in several states. I bought a set of buckets out of a Lexus that are pretty nice. You just have to hope that nobody else wants them. I lost he first set I bid on, and nobody bid against me on these.

Steve

kb426

I bought a pair of 300m leather seats on ebay for $355 frt. included from a guy in Minnesota or Michigan. Good seats, good guy to do business with.
TEAM SMART

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "40"As I posted in an earlier thread,I'm about ready for the interior in my 36 Ford 5-Window Coupe.I have used Glide seats in the last couple of Coupes that I've done,but at $635 for the frame and foam,I'm thinking donor seat for this car.A few years ago,I used a split bench out of a Ranger pickup in a 37 Coupe and it worked out great....can't remember the year though.It seems it was late 80's.I know there are a few Ranger owners on board so any help will be greatly appreciated.I have a 93 Ranger and it has the high-back seats....not what I'm looking for.Also,any other donor seats that have worked out well for you in a similar coupe??Thanks!!

40, I think out 86 ranger had what your looking for!!! try that.
Debb

48builder

Daryle.....I bought leather buckets out of a new Cadillac CTS. There is a guy in Western NY who has some type of deal with the Big 3. He gets the seats out of hail damaged, transportation damaged etc. cars.  They were brand new, full power and fit like they were made for my '36. The best part is that they are one of the most comfortable seats my big butt has sat in![/quote]

What's the contact info the guy in NY? My local guy has been looking for a set for me from a Sebring convertible, but if I can get a decent set from a new Caddy that I don't have to recover it would save me big bucks on leather.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Debb....I think you're right....I don't suppose you saved me the seat :P    I tried to see what might be available on eBay but my search turned up about a million possibilities...there's no way I could even begin to look at all of them...my eyes would fall out of my head :roll:

This info was sent to me by 36Couper in an e-mail.The fellow in New York is John Druar.His contact info is:
176 Main Street
Randolph, NY 14772
716 358 2332
carseats@alltel.net
I am going to phone tomorrow and see what he has available.By the way,the seats look awesome in Al's 36 Coupe! Thanks Al !!

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "40"Debb....I think you're right....I don't suppose you saved me the seat :P    I tried to see what might be available on eBay but my search turned up about a million possibilities...there's no way I could even begin to look at all of them...my eyes would fall out of my head :roll:

Nope sorry  :roll:  should have spoke up!! LOL  Seems that you should be able to find such a thing in a bone yard? yes? There were hundreds of rangers out there!! surely there are wrecked or broken ones that you can get the seat from a salvage yard. You would probably have it apholstered anyway.
Debb

skipstitch

Oh, by the way... did I mention I build custom seats? :lol:

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "skipstitch"Oh, by the way... did I mention I build custom seats? :lol:

There you go Daryle !!!! Shawn can hook you right up!!!!!!!  :lol:   Hi shawn!!  :P   Going to miss not coming to Lancaster this yr  :?  :cry:  
Debb

skipstitch

Hey Debb.... we're talking about an alternative to the KKOA thing in Lancaster this year.... Maybe a low-key reliability run or something.  I'll keep ya posted!!!