Garage Crawl

Started by sirstude, February 22, 2005, 09:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

I think I asked this a year or two ago, but do any of you do a garage tour as a regular item.  Every year we spend the day visiting whoever is building something new.  Usually about 10 or 12 stops, and last year we added a stop at one of the engine builders in town and he did a dyno pull on one of his stroker sbc's.  The area up here is only about 45000 people in a 25 mile radius, so that number of stops is pretty good I think.  This year (April 2)  the bonus is one of the guys is building a 48 Dodge coupe with a 392 and that is the motor for the dyno pull.  The tour runs 75 to 120 miles to hit all the stops.

Are we kind of unique on the tour deal, or does it just seem that way because we are such a small group?  I will try to get some pictures this year and post them.

Also, this is time for my yearly plug for our rod run on Memorial day weekend.  The web site is www.theicebreaker.us  Sure would like to see any of you here some time.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

DRD57

It's not an organized thing, but I do this about once every month or so.

If I'm not going to a rod run or race somewhere on the weekends I usually fire up one of my heaps and cruise around to local garages and shops to see what's up. If somebody happens to stop by my shop before I get going they come along.

kb426

Sounds great. Wish I wasn't so far away.
TEAM SMART

47wood

The Arkansas Street Rodders do that a couple of times a year ...we get more like 5-6 stops though.  You guys must be starting early and movin' if you get 10-12 ...of course sometimes that involves a microbrewery tour as the last stop!  LOL.  Cal   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

alchevy

Two (Vicksburg Cruisers & Mississippi Street Rod Association) of the three clubs I'm in have done shop tours before and they were fun...need to do it more often. Usually the tours are after an event...like after our car show we did one. Speaking of car shows, ours (Vicksburg Cruisers) is coming up March 19th at the local outlet mall in Vicksburg, MS. Then on the following Sunday, we cruise down the Natchez Trace and have a picnic. It's fun to see about a mile long stretch of hot rods cruisin' down the road together!

The third club that I'm in is Mississippi Classic Cruisers and it is about a year old. Has over 120 members and over 280 cars.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com