TCI Hate them

Started by Kctom, February 16, 2005, 10:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

Around the 3rd of Dec 2004 I called TCI about a set of rear coil overs for the Pontiac.  After placing the order was told it would be at least 10 days before they would ship. Thiught that would work. The next day I talked to Pete & Jakes and they had them in stock. So drove the 30 miles and picked up a set. Called TCI on the 4th to cancel the order. Coud not get through to anyone so was instructed to leave a voice mail. A couple week later the schocks came by ups. Called TCI and told them about it. Send them back and we'll credit your account. They charged me a $80.00
restocking fee. Called my credit card Co. and filed a complaint, they looked into it and today got a letter saying they sided with TCI. Going to cancel my card tomorrow and call TCI.

Pep

Seems you and me have the same ethics Tom.......It takes just one ignorant act by a supplier to get them off my list. That kind of attitude I thought existed here in Oz more than in the US. I know you are a big customer and an avid rod builder, so it's their loss I guess.
See Ya
Pep

Kctom

Quote from: "Kctom1"Around the 3rd of Dec 2004 I called TCI about a set of rear coil overs for the Pontiac.  After placing the order was told it would be at least 10 days before they would ship. Thiught that would work. The next day I talked to Pete & Jakes and they had them in stock. So drove the 30 miles and picked up a set. Called TCI on the 4th to cancel the order. Coud not get through to anyone so was instructed to leave a voice mail. A couple week later the schocks came by ups. Called TCI and told them about it. Send them back and we'll credit your account. They charged me a $80.00
restocking fee. Called my credit card Co. and filed a complaint, they looked into it and today got a letter saying they sided with TCI. Going to cancel my card tomorrow and call TCI.

Card Co. called today and refunded my $80.00. Bet TCI is *. Mark up one for the little guy. Really don't understand TCI's point on this the have lost a good customer and I have recommended alot of buddys go to someone else for their parts.

rumrumm

I don't do business with them either because of the quality of their chrome plating some time ago and the poor way they handled the problem with their customer service. I  had chrome plating flake from a coilover shock spring from Heidt and sent them an email about it. They said send it back and they would determine the cause. I  was  a little skeptical but sent it to them. I  got an email saying it  was faulty plating and was sent two replacement coil springs, not just the one. Those are the kind of dealers who will always have my business.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Gilles

I bought 2 years ago a set of chrome shackles from TCI. They started to rust the first time I drove the car in the rain. They turned so bad  that I  had to replace them with the painted ones I had before, I did this just last week. I sent back the rusted ones to TCI. I wait to see what they will do. Next time I will buy only stainless parts.

Gilles