In between coats

Started by Roadstar, February 13, 2005, 03:08:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstar

it's sunday afternoon and I'm at the shop painting a 33 roadstar that I hve been working on for almost two years. I won't get into the car per say right now, but just want to mention how cool it is to have the internet and esecially message boards such as this place to come to while I wait for each coat of paint to tack up.

In the old days I would just read a magizine or stand around bored. But now I can boot up the old computer, as long as you have one at work or where ever you are doing work the involves down time between operations. Places like the RRT and anywhere else I chose to go really make the time go by quick and makes the job seem to go alot smoother.

Maybe it's just me. Anyone else have similar storys.

Well back in the Booth I go....

Crosley.In.AZ

I remember doing many things while the paint flashed off.  Depending on what paint i was shooting..... enamal , lacquer or base coat stuff as to what amount of time to kill.

Here in the summer it all we could do to slow the paint down so you could actually get some decent flow out and avoid some dry spots.

This got me thinking , so I walked over to my cabinet and counted my paint guns.  I have 9 guns, none that have spray'd in many years
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

I've done that too, it makes twenty minutes go by fast instead of seeming like it takes forever.

Unfortunately I'm sitting here now because I ran out of argon/CO2 gas for my welder just now. Is it just me or does anyone else always run out on Sunday or after the welding supply place is closed for the day?.... :lol:

Jbird

Phat,
I think it's probably just you and me. The last two times I've run out were on saturday afternoons right about the same time the welding supply closed. Both times I only had a couple of inches left to finish the job. Seems like some kind of a conspiracy?
       Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

GPster

I'm glad we're here for you. I understand the problem and unfrotunately there are other practises that are not as healthy. I have a friend that is an excellant paint/body man and also a rodder. Number one he is an alcoholic and now realizes it. Too much of his flash time was spent at the American Legend that had open times too close to his work time. Our companionship only revolved around cars but his change in lifestyle involved a lot of changes and fortunately put him in a place (his home and family) that I'm not in a place to frequent. GPster

kroozn

It's kind of funny.
I am at the shop waiting between coats painting a car too.
I thought I would get it sprayed yesterday.
Just too many people showed up here to get it done.
Yep, I jump on the puter between coats.
Carl

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Roadstar"it's sunday afternoon and I'm at the shop painting a 33 roadstar  while I wait for each coat of paint to tack up.

In the old days I would just read a magizine or stand around bored.
Maybe it's just me. Anyone else have similar storys.

Well back in the Booth I go....

I prefer to stay in the booth and suck up the fumes  :lol:  :lol:  LOL

done that many times when rob was painting, didn't realize what it does to you till you get up to leave, LOL

but all that new paint makes me sick to even smell it on his clothes when he's been around it  :?

so what color is this roadster?? and why are you at work on Sunday!!! lol
Debb

unklian

Quoteand why are you at work on Sunday!!!

Last minute rush for Autorama ?

HotRodLadyCrusr

He only wishes that car would be outta his life in three weeks  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Leon

Quote from: "Roadstar"...... just want to mention how cool it is to have the internet and esecially message boards such as this place to come to while I wait for each coat of paint to tack up.
As slow as my connection is here, I'd have to sand and reshoot if I did that!  I got quite a bit of paint shot this weekend, now if I could learn how much to mix up each time instead of throwing half of it out.

kb426

I only have 6 guns. I can pitch 2 of them. Been saving them for ???  But, I think I need at least one more. I'd like to have a sata but will probably settle for less. As it is, I can blame my sorry work on the gun instead of any of the other reasons.
TEAM SMART

Dirk35

Quote from: "phat46"I've done that too, it makes twenty minutes go by fast instead of seeming like it takes forever.

Unfortunately I'm sitting here now because I ran out of argon/CO2 gas for my welder just now. Is it just me or does anyone else always run out on Sunday or after the welding supply place is closed for the day?.... :lol:

Buhwhahahhahaha! And I thought it was just me that did that!  :roll:  :roll: I have even went as far as to weld with flux-core wire when I ran out of gas from a back-up roll kept around for just that reason! That crap throws spatter EVERYWHERE! And I cannot get nice welds out of it either (but that probably just me).

And I am soooooo cool (<----sarcaism, actually stupid is the correct word), I have even used up the back-up roll of flux-core and ran out of gas again on a Sunday!  :lol: