Hey Elmo Rodge

Started by Bib_Overalls, February 14, 2005, 10:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

I lifted this from the belly tank thread.  "I used to ride my bike past his house about the same time. I knew who he was but was too shy and stupid to stop and look closer. I finally introduced myself to him at the 200 Club Banquet at Speedweek last August. Neat guy. I'm currently building a P-38 Tank (Flathead powered) and I crew for Jack Kelly on his Tank. I also crew for Wilson and Waters on their Fuel Roadster but this thread is about Tanks. Wink Wayno"

Wayne,

You need to post an intro.

I note from your profile that you are 57.  Same age as my brother Mike Hansen.  Mike ran with Bill Burke's son Steven in high school and they are still in contact. Unfortunately, this happend after I left for the Army and I never had an opportunity to use this "in" to meet Bill.

Did you ever hook up with the Whittier based Valenzuela brothers at the lakes or at Bonneville?  Richard Valenzuela, who crewed for his brother's roadster, recently relocated here.  When he moved back he brought the 32 Ford three window he has owned for 51 years.

Small world.  

Welcome to the RRT.

Steve Hansen
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks