Are there any Java programmers here

Started by Fat Cat, February 10, 2005, 10:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I am working on a project and need to chat with a java programer. I don't need any programming just details on some processes.

Dave

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I am working on a project and need to chat with a java programer. I don't need any programming just details on some processes.

I just finished my 2nd cup of java does that help? :?:  :shock:
Dave

Fat Cat

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "Fat Cat"I am working on a project and need to chat with a java programer. I don't need any programming just details on some processes.

I just finished my 2nd cup of java does that help? :?:  :shock:
Dave

yes it does. now I know about one who is not!  :lol:

Crafty

don't know java but write in MS .Net languages and do a few other bits and bobs along the way, OO theory applies across languages so if I can be of help mail me...

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Crafty"don't know java but write in MS .Net languages and do a few other bits and bobs along the way, OO theory applies across languages so if I can be of help mail me...

I don't have clue what the heck you said..... I sorta feel like enjenjo
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Crosley"I sorta feel like enjenjo

Strangely enough you look like him too. Just a wee bit shorter.

OK OK alot shorter  :D

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Strangely enough you look like him too. Just a wee bit shorter.

OK OK alot shorter  :D

I don't remember being much shorter than enjenjo.  

He does have more hair than I do
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crafty

Quote from: "Crosley"I don't have clue what the heck you said..... I sorta feel like enjenjo

sorry.. what I mean is although different languages have slightly different ways of doing things the basic ideas are the same..

e.g. I could write

for each sparkplug in engine
 checkgap()
end for

that would actually work ( and yes it means for each spark plug in something called engine check the gap on it ).

in another language you might write

sparkplug = getfirstplug
while sparkplug > null
 checkgap
 sparkplug = getnextplug
end while

it would do exactly the same thing. Its kinda like having a MIG or TIG welder, roughly do the same job but the way you use it differs from each other..