power tour anyone?

Started by 48ford, January 20, 2005, 09:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

A few of us got together and the idea came up again.
They are leaving from (Green bay?) to Florida.
we plan to run up to Ludington Mi.,take the boat over lake Michigan,then run till Indy(some people are still working),then back to Ohio.
Looks like just a long weekend.
anyone else going?
Russ&Irene

enjenjo

I'm not planning on going, but it sounds like fun.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'm probley going to try to hook up for a couple of days while their in the IL/IN area around June 5/6th.  Would like to head down to Nashville since I've got alot of buds in that area but time off work is an issue.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

lobucrod

Looks like we will miss it this year. 1600 miles to the start and 1600 miles home from the end. Hopefully next year it will start in Florida and head west. Hope to be a longhauler again if it does. Hope everyone that makes it has a Safe and Fun trip.

Quote from: "48ford"A few of us got together and the idea came up again.
we plan to run up to Ludington Mi.,take the boat over lake Michigan,then run till Indy(some people are still working),then back to Ohio.
anyone else going?
Russ&Irene

purplepickup

I won't be a longhauler this year but I might try to do about the same thing you are on a long weekend.  I've got to see how the finances and vacation time work out.  I still follow all the posts on the Power Tour club and miss the people and camaraderie.  I've met some really good people because of power tour.....you, Denise & family, WZJUNK, Sumner, Leon, and many other famous people :D
George

tattoo

Well, I'm in! My neighbor is a camaro guy and he and his club is going. I rounded up some friends and we are following the there, but we a drive not taking the boat! My car won't be ready so I plan on driving my suburban. If anyone wants to ride, I can seat 7!

Leon

We're going this year.  Sharon won't have a lot of vacation time so she's flying into Milwaukee for the start.  That way we can spend some time at Disney World at the finish before returning home.  I heard next year they might be going up the eastern coast then in '07 heading toward the west.  We need to plan a get-together somewher along the route.

Dave

anyone else going?
Russ&Irene

Dates please... This sounds like fun.. If we can pull it off id meet you guys on the way to Ludington.
Dave

phat rat

anyone else going?
Russ&Irene

Were you aware that there's now a ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"
anyone else going?
Russ&Irene

Were you aware that there's now a ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee?
no i wasnt
Dave

Ohio Blue Tip

Were you aware that there's now a ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee?[/quote]
no i wasnt
Dave[/quote]

Ya, we got the new HIGH SPEED ferry out of Muskegon.  The only thing faster is your money leaving your billfold!   :wink:
It's a nice new boat and about twice as fast across  the lake.
We could have a heck of a PARTY in Muskegon! :D  :D
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Dave

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Were you aware that there's now a ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee?
no i wasnt
Dave[/quote]

Ya, we got the new HIGH SPEED ferry out of Muskegon.  The only thing faster is your money leaving your billfold!   :wink:
We could have a heck of a PARTY in Muskegon! :D  :D[/quote]

Well Kenny if its drinking beer with you im sure it would be a great party even if it was the 2 of us.
Dave :lol:
ps: you get a car yet hear anything from frank on the 32?

Scrap Fe

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Were you aware that there's now a ferry from Muskegon to Milwaukee?
no i wasnt
Dave

We could have a heck of a PARTY in Muskegon! :D  :D[/quote]

Well Kenny if its drinking beer with you im sure it would be a great party even if it was the 2 of us.
Dave :lol:
ps: you get a car yet hear anything from frank on the 32?[/quote]

If you guys make it to Milwaukee for the Power Tour, let me know cause although I'm not planning to go on the Power Tour we do know how to drink beer and are still trying to keep Milwaukee the beer capital of the world.  

The ferry beats driving through Chicago any day.  It took me 4 hours to get through Chicago last year on the way to Indy.  Should have been at Indy by the time I was on the south side of Chi-town. Not much fun.

48ford

Quote from: "Scrap Fe"
Quote from: "N8DC"
no i wasnt
Dave

We could have a heck of a PARTY in Muskegon! :D  :D

You can get the dates and stops here
www.familyevents.com/eventinfo.asp?id=55
we are taking the old boat out of Ludington as that was what everyone wants.
I think that we run into Chicago the first day,then down to Springfield,anyone know another way?
looks like 5 of us are leaving Toledo on Friday.
Russ&Irene