Windose XP

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, January 29, 2005, 11:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

Windoze XP to my laptop....... I survived , so did the laptop.

i had a heck of a time getting the wireless to work again.  I read site after site after site.  I was not getting the screens or folders all these sites said would be there.

I got PO'd ( something I am an expert at) :shock: ...... I pulled the wireless card out again.....  I pulled the blank plastic thingy out of the second PCMICA (sp?) slot. Stuck the wireless card in and all of a sudden I was getting the folders and screens I needed.

Obviously it works now since I am sittin on my butt in the shop using the laptop .

FWIW..... the Outlook express email on this latop was ALL intact.... nothing moved!

thanks again guys
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

34ford

Tony,

Don't know if you know or not, I didn't and nobody told me :-o , that you have to register xp in 30 days or it will shut down the computer :(  till you do. I bought a new one in August and was cruising right along and one day a message came up and said I had x number of days to register the software :shock: . This was news to me so I did it and all was well. Friend said it's their way of keeping people form making copies.

I don't know if it let's you register it on more than one computer or not. Think you could if it was the same address and e-mail addy.

Be interesting to know if anybody knows for sure.  I'd like to put it on my other computer too.  

Love the new spellchecker

bob

Crosley.In.AZ

My info says you are correct , Windoze XP will shut down in 30 days if not registered.  The "number key" will only function for the registering once.

It seems I have doomed  this laptop to death.  It is 5 years old, time to retire it I guess

:cry:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

34ford

Quote from: "Crosley"My info says you are correct , Windoze XP will shut down in 30 days if not registered.  The "number key" will only function for the registering once.

It seems I have doomed  this laptop to death.  It is 5 years old, time to retire it I guess

:cry:

Can a person go to the add/remove programs in the control panel and uninstall the xp program or does it make to many changes.  Have a coupe of friends who did the updates for XP and screwed up there computers so they just removed it.