Paging Crosley-Tranny Question

Started by BELLM, February 01, 2005, 09:21:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BELLM

You guys are going to get tired of questions on my new project.  
The roadster has a TCI TH350.  Receipts I have found so far show it was purchased new in '95.  Was installed on engine but never filled with fluid or run, still has plastic shipping plugs in place for  driveshaft yoke, filler tube and detent cable, they were never installed.  Has new TCI torque converter in place bolted to flexplate.  Also engine never started.
Do you think everything will be ok or should I replace extension housing to driveshaft seal and front pump seal as cheap insurance?  Has always been inside, not exposed to elements.  I think they should be ok but right now I have the body off the frame and am going to pull the engine/tranny to weld in steering box mount so would be easy now.
Your expert opinion please!

Crosley.In.AZ

I would run the tranny as is.

No heat to the seals , I would think they are fine.

If you are worried , the seals would be easy to replace now

Quote from: "BELLM"You guys are going to get tired of questions on my new project.  
The roadster has a TCI TH350.  Receipts I have found so far show it was purchased new in '95.  Was installed on engine but never filled with fluid or run, still has plastic shipping plugs in place for  driveshaft yoke, filler tube and detent cable, they were never installed.  Has new TCI torque converter in place bolted to flexplate.  Also engine never started.
Do you think everything will be ok or should I replace extension housing to driveshaft seal and front pump seal as cheap insurance?  Has always been inside, not exposed to elements.  I think they should be ok but right now I have the body off the frame and am going to pull the engine/tranny to weld in steering box mount so would be easy now.
Your expert opinion please!
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)