Wide Whites or Blackwalls

Wide Whites
15 (31.3%)
Blackwalls
33 (68.8%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: February 04, 2005, 04:10:18 PM

Jbird

You guys are so old fashioned. I think you should change the wheels to some blingy gold plated 26 inchers with electric spinners, then get some 165/15/26 tires.
 Or maybe just some new tires with the beauty rings.
     Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

MrMopar64

Quote from: "rumrumm"Blackwalls. But add the trim rings!

Thats my vote........  :lol:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

kb426

Blackwalls for me. If you were to change wheels and the angle of rake, then maybe, but I;m a believer in maintaining a theme on a car and the whitewalls with the tire sizes and the rake you have would not be my pick. Do you know anyone to borrow some from? I've seen guys paint cardboard to make the view to decide.
TEAM SMART

Crosley.In.AZ

some  trim rings is a good idea to try with current setup.

the ribbed trim rings come to mind

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

brianangus

definately go with wide whites.

C9

I voted for blackwalls.
I do think a slightly larger tire in back would help.
Something along the lines of 30-31" tall and a touch wider to handle all that horsepower.   :)

Add the beauty rings as well.

Then . . . the toughest part of all . . . quit screwing around with the car and just drive it.
Keep adding stuff and you're gonna get into the overly funky bit.
That seems to happen with T-buckets a lot and as much as I like the T's I don't care for the royalty oriented stage coach look that some of them end up with.
Best T-buckets I've seen are the simple and to the point ones that are equipped with the basics and don't carry the coach lanterns et al.

Your car is simple, to the point, good looking and carries that competition roadster look that was so popular back in the day.

Easy way to keep from adding too much stuff is to start another project.
Works for me.... :lol:
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "C9"I voted for blackwalls.
I do think a slightly larger tire in back would help.
Something along the lines of 30-31" tall and a touch wider to handle all that horsepower.   :)

Add the beauty rings as well.

Then . . . the toughest part of all . . . quit screwing around with the car and just drive it.
Keep adding stuff and you're gonna get into the overly funky bit.
That seems to happen with T-buckets a lot and as much as I like the T's I don't care for the royalty oriented stage coach look that some of them end up with.
Best T-buckets I've seen are the simple and to the point ones that are equipped with the basics and don't carry the coach lanterns et al.

Your car is simple, to the point, good looking and carries that competition roadster look that was so popular back in the day.

Easy way to keep from adding too much stuff is to start another project.
Works for me.... :lol:

Jay, As always you cut through the muck and get right to the bottom line.

My roadster is 99% done.  I have never really liked the tires in the back.  They need to be taller and the fronts are worn and need to be replaced.  So I gave the wide white option some consideration.  I was never never hot on the idea but I needed to run it through my mind.  If I was sold on the idea to beguin with I would have simply done it and not asked my RRT and HAMB cohorts for advice.

I will be getting some Wheel Vintique trim rings from Summit Racing.  They carry a stock of their wheels and accessories and they are 15-20% cheaper than going direct. Shipping is only $8 per order.

And I am going to tidy up some of the engine wiring and paint or powder coat the fan shroud black.  

Most of my energy is going into the Olds 215 that I am building for use in a lakes style 26/27 T.  Been doing a lot of junking lately.  Right now I am looking for the old Ford stuff I will use underneath. I've got more time than money and the hunt is half the fun.  So this one will keep me occupied for a while.

And speaking of driving.  If I make all the events I am committed to I will log well over 3,000 miles in the roadster this summer.  

It is 45 degrees right now and projected to hit 58.  After lunch I'm going out for a topless spin.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"I'm getting ready to put new rubber on my roadster.  I'v run the scab tires for about 5,000 miles now and they really need to go.  So the question is - wide whites with beauty rings or blackwalls.   I do value your opinions.

Y'know, I'm getting to the end of building my 32 5 window and I'm having the same problem already, and it 's not even on the road! I bought whitewalls and they look cool I think, but now I'm having second thoughts for the same reasons as what George mentioned - black walls scream "HOT ROD"! So now I'm thinking of storing the WW's and putting BW's on it!   Larry
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Dirk35

I couldnt figure out how to vote on the poll, which is a good thing since I think that car in particular probably looks better to me with the blackwalls.

Anyone gopt a photoshop of it with WWW's?