EGO-RAMA Winner Revealed

Started by Bob K, January 18, 2005, 03:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

The winner is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Drum Roll Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Willie & Pam Martin of Riverside CA. Their Blue with yellow flames 1955 Chevy 2dr post won the most points in the various events and was declared the overall winner. They did not place down further but if they had, there is no doubt that a green 52 chev convert would have been the 2nd place winner.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .

It was great to be able to participate and I thank all who helped.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Charlie Chops 1940

Bob,

I just read the R&C report, seemed a little anti-climatic after the great reporting that we got on the HAMB during the run. I'd have liked you to win my little round buddy but you can't have everything. Heck, you already got one of every kind of car.....

Great job.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I'd have liked you to win my little round buddy

Charlie

LMAO   :lol:   :lol:  That was funny Charlie!!
Bob, sorry you didn't win, but just think of the expierence you have and the memories!!! Your all winners!!
Debb

purplepickup

Bob, just the fact that you guys got to participate makes you all winners....and an egomaniacs....but we already knew all that. :wink:   I followed the HAMB updates religiously during that week and as good as the posts and pics were, I'm sure it didn't hold a candle to really being there.  It had to be WAY up there on the fun meter.

Congratulations on the great times you're having.
:b-d:

Being in your presence makes me feel so worthless.....I am not worthy.....I am not worthy....I am not worthy......
:wink:
George

river1

yeh but did the martin's get to spend a long weekend in my presence :D

i think not.

so you are actually the big winner big guy.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

Your are a good guy Bob.  I wish you had won.  You did in my book.  Surely none of the others drove their car as many miles as you did last summer.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

jaybee

Must've been a great time, Bob.  The way I see it you have to be a winner just to participate, and you participate in a lot.  Although I have to say you looked a bit livelier last Summer in Des Moines!   :lol:
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "river1"yeh but did the martin's get to spend a long weekend in my presence :D

i think not.

later jim

river1...........judging by the photo , you did not entertain Bob very well  or mayb too much?

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

HA!

I had that car pegged as the winner from the moment the nominations went up.

I even made a couple of small wagers, which I guess I can now try and collect on.   :D
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "river1"yeh but did the martin's get to spend a long weekend in my presence :D

i think not.

later jim

river1...........judging by the photo , you did not entertain Bob very well  or mayb too much?

he's isn't used to dealing with a youngster like myself :lol:
man paybacks are going to hurt :cry:

later jim

Bob K

Quote from: "river1"

i think not.

later jim

later jim

Yep, the Martins were the lucky ones, they weren't bored to sleep by the marathon session of Mah Jong followed by 2 hours of Charades led by Jim in his pink Tu Tu. That type of strenous activity leads to ______________

Hope to spend another exciting weekend there but think I'll wait till I'm a LOT older.

B :roll: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

river1

Quote from: "Faat Rod"
Quote from: "river1"

i think not.

later jim

later jim

Yep, the Martins were the lucky ones, they weren't bored to sleep by the marathon session of Mah Jong followed by 2 hours of Charades led by Jim in his pink Tu Tu. That type of strenous activity leads to ______________

HEY you spent BIG MONEY   for me to wear that tutu that you brought for me.

Quote from: "Faat Rod"Hope to spend another exciting weekend there but think I'll wait till I'm a LOT older. B :roll: B

yeh it'll take you a loooong time to save up enough to see me in that tutu again. :oops:  :oops:

later jim

Bob, Just read the article in R&C....Sounds like you and Don both had a great time! I see Don's roadster is also pictured farther back in the mag.You did good for an old "shurance" salesman from Wisconsin :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Bob K

Quote from: "40"Bob, Just read the article in R&C....Sounds like you and Don both had a great time! I see Don's roadster is also pictured farther back in the mag.You did good for an old "shurance" salesman from Wisconsin :P

He sure gets a lot of press don't he.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

B :D B