200R4 lock up idea

Started by 48ford, January 16, 2005, 06:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

This MAY work,may not
Use a relay,to unlock when you tap the brake light,wire it up to a pressure switch that is screwed into the 4th gear external port(maybe a brake light switch)wire it to the wire that go inside the tranny to the TCC solenoid,and ground the other side of the solenoid.
Anyone ever try this?
Thanks Russ&Irene :?:

1FATGMC

Quote from: "48ford"This MAY work,may not
Use a relay,to unlock when you tap the brake light,wire it up to a pressure switch that is screwed into the 4th gear external port(maybe a brake light switch)wire it to the wire that go inside the tranny to the TCC solenoid,and ground the other side of the solenoid.
Anyone ever try this?
Thanks Russ&Irene :?:

You really don't need the relay.  Usually the best way to control the lockup is with the ground side of the circuit.  You can use the pressure switch you mentioned inside the valve body or probably in the pressure port like you mentioned.  Then run the ground through it.  It will lock and unlock going in and out of 4th.  

If you want to do like the factory run the 12volts "in" throught a brake switch and it will unlock while in 4th if you touch the brakes.  I don't do this myself as I don't see a whole lot to gain with it, but others do and the factory does.  Probably a liability issue with them.

I have more information on ways to do the lockup on my site HERE.  

c ya, Sum

48ford

Thanks Sum,
I looked on your page and it will get me out of the woods.
thanks again
Russ&Irene

Crosley.In.AZ

converter lock up can be as simple or complicated that you wish.

The solenoid for lock up snout  in the 200-4r is shorter than a 700/4L60 is.

the solenoids come in 1 or 2 wires.  1 wire solenoid is for 12 volts , it is self grounding.

the 2 wire solenoid has a " + "  and a " - " wire.   they are marked on the solenoid
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)