Fiberglass Fenders, Who do youll all use?

Started by Dirk35, February 20, 2004, 03:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk35

1935v Ford pickup is what Im working on.

Be-bops glass works, anyone ever use them?:?:  :?:

They seem to be even cheaper than Speedway.
Any report on quality?
Any suggestions or good companies you all have used?

Thanks.

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Dirk35"
Be-bops glass works, anyone ever use them?:?:  :?:

I don't have first-hand experience, but I've heard good things about them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

nzsimon

When you come to bolt your plastic fenders on it doesn't matter wether the body is steel or glass one thing to remember is glass does not bend

So here's what you do offer up the fender and mark all the bolt holes then drill them all
Put a layer of tape on the mounting points to prevent filler sticking

Next slop a layer of slow dry filler onto the fender after roughing up the surface then bolt up the fender this wil make the fender mounting surface match the body mounting surface exactly preventing stress cracks

when all hard pull of and knock any escaped filler off , paint etc then when you bolt up the fender it will not open any stress cracks also make some large fender washers to spread the force of the bolts

cheers simon
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Dave

I looked at the bebops 32 body but they removed the detail around the windshield and It kinda ruins the look of the 32. Michael at SRBY where I bought the 32 says thet bebops finially has thier stuff together and is turning out some nice stuff. Ive used gibbons fenders on 3 model a's and loved em both. I had downs on my 34 and they had some issues with the one rear fender not fitting right. I called them and they told me that has been cured and how to fix mine . I never messed with it. Ive never tried any other year gibbons but the ones i bought fit great. Remember ya gets what ya pay for. Call bebops and talk to them find out what kind of return policy they have..
Dave

exsedan

I have used Wescott fenders on both of my '36's and have been quite happy with  them. The ones on the Coupe are prolly getting to be about 20 years old now. The ones on the EXSEDAN are a spare set that I bought to use on the Coupe if needed. They did not take a lot of fitting or rework to be ready for paint.................jb EXSEDAN

http://www.wescottsauto.com/

SKR8PN

I bought a set of BeBops 1938 Dodge truck rear fenders,but I did not buy them for the truck. I used them on a Mullins' style trailer I am building,so I can't help you any on fit. The fenders did look very nice however,just before I cut them up :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Topsterguy

I've always gone with Wescott's and never had any problem. I've heard of beeBops but I've never heard of anyone using their glass parts - 'course I'm on the west coast so Wescott's is pretty popular out here! Same old story - you buy cheap, you get cheap! :wink:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"