One more Stainless job...

Started by Sean, December 22, 2004, 06:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

That's some nice work Sean.  If the general contractor paid you guys out of the original installer's money I'll bet there wasn't much left for them.   :twisted:

My job is to have prototype work done and the shops I use might be a little more expensive up front but because they do things right we save money and time in having things made the way we design it....the first time.

If your shop has the reputation to be called in to fix someone elses screw-ups, you'll still be in business long after shops like the one that did the initial install are long gone.
George

Sean

Quote from: "purplepickup"If your shop has the reputation to be called in to fix someone elses screw-ups, you'll still be in business long after shops like the one that did the initial install are long gone.

Thanks George. The Shop I work for has been in business and owned by the same family since 1924. Sadly, the present owners children want nothing to do with it. It remains to be seen what will happen to the Company when he decides to retire. He has said in the past that he will work until he's 70, and he is 62 now.
He has a Nephew that is currently working towards a degree in Engineering. He has expressed an interest in taking over the Company, and I hope he does.

As for the cost of the Job, I would guess it between 8-9 thousand. I found out a few days into the Job that the original installers not only refused to fix it, they also claimed no fault.