Yes there is an ethical business

Started by phat46, December 29, 2004, 01:42:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

I had a good experience this morning at a parts business. I had ordered a couple of Harley headlight rings for some Guide lights I have. They came in two days after i ordered them, which was two days earlier than i was told. That was good enough, but when I went to pick them up the guy said they were two bucks less than he had told me when he looked them up in a catalog. He didn't have to tell me, two bucks won't break me, or make him rich, but it was the right thing to do. This guy is a biker, pretty hard core, you know the type, 6' 3" 250# braided ponytail, beard, wallet on the chain, etc.  soft spoken, but not chatty at all. I will send any business his way that I can, he's an honest guy.

purplepickup

...and a lot of people would hide the valuables and freak out if their daughter brought this guy home for dinner but they'd be thrilled if she brought home a lawyer....hmmm :?
George

phat46

Quote from: "purplepickup"...and a lot of people would hide the valuables and freak out if their daughter brought this guy home for dinner but they'd be thrilled if she brought home a lawyer....hmmm :?

LOL, so true, but my daughter has been dating a very nice young man (does that sound like my Mom!?) who is currently attending law school. He knows squat about cars, but his Dad owns about the only auto shop in town that I can trust. If he follws in his fathers ethic footsteps he will be an honest lawyer....maybe the first one!  :lol:

Carps

I've always had great service and recieved outstanding respect when shopping at the local Biker store.  These guys seem to understand the basics of good business ehtics and customer service better than most.  Always helpful to a fault and go out of their way, even if all I'm looking for is one elusive machine screw worth about ten cents.

Even Mrs Carps will tell you she'd rather have these guys visit that some of the ungrateful, selfish yuppie morons that have the high powered allegedly 'profffessional' jobs.

Years back in my motorcycle period, I knocked around with some of these guys and after we got married (she never knew about that part of my life) I met one of the guys and invited him to my shiney new executive home in yuppyville ( we didn't live there long, I hated it, but that's another story).

So one evening the doorbell rang and there he was, apologised that he couldn't come in coz he had another twenty blokes and their wimmin outside in our driveway.  We didn't here then arrive, but there were around 25 chopped Hawgs out there.  I insisted they all come in.  Mrs Carps was a tad nevous but by the ened of the evening, they were all getting along famously, like old budddies.  It started when they insisted they all remove their boots at the front door.  Heck I've never done that in my life, so they picked up brownie points from step one.  These peple showed a level of respect for us and our home that Mrs carps had never experienced, plus we BSed about old times and how things have changed etc.  They arrived around 8:00pm and left around 2;00am.

On departure, they figured if they rolled down the street and round the corner, they could be gone without upsetting the neighbours.  The neighbours were mostly all snobbish pigs and had pretty much ignored us totaly since the day the hot rodders helped us move in, so on spotting a few of the neighbours curtains beeing pulled back as they snuck a look outside, I insisted they light em all up and ride out properly.

That was way cool.  Made no difference in the neigghbourhhood, coz the y still didn't talk to us.

Oh, and we are not talking pretenders here, these guys are up thhere with the most notorious biker gangs in this country and when they 'play', they play for keeps.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Sean

Quote from: "Carps"Oh, and we are not talking pretenders here, these guys are up thhere with the most notorious biker gangs in this country and when they 'play', they play for keeps.

Must be the guys from the Mad Max series... :wink:

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"...and a lot of people would hide the valuables and freak out if their daughter brought this guy home for dinner but they'd be thrilled if she brought home a lawyer....hmmm :?

purp, what if he's a lawyer biker?

there might be one or two of those out there.. :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

purplepickup

Quote from: "tomslik"purp, what if he's a lawyer biker?

You mean to tell me there are might be Rich Urban Bikers?....on Harleys?......whodathunkit.
George

tomslik

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "tomslik"purp, what if he's a lawyer biker?

You mean to tell me there are might be Rich Urban Bikers?....on Harleys?......whodathunkit.

i guess i'd be a PRB (poor rural biker)?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat46

When I read something like Carps wrote, i can't help but smile. The guy today at the parts place was recommended by a guy i work with, also a biker. The guy I work with and another guy that i worked with till he passed away this past year used to ride with Harry "Taco" Bowman the guy that was on the F.B.I.'s Ten Most Wanted list. Seems Taco was the head fo a notorious biker gang and wanted for murder, arson, etc. Taco was a local guy; when I was in high school Harry and his brother Dave were both in my Freshman gym class. They were seniors, I don't know why they were in a freshman class.....Several people told me not to mess with the Bowmans, like I really needed a warning not to mess with seniors when I was a freshman.
Turned out they were the funniest guys I ever had in a class all of high school, after high school, well that was a different story. Now one of  the guys I go deer hunting with is a Sherrif Dept. detective. He told us  a story about stakeing out Tacos mothers  house because they had heard he was supposed to show up there.....My friend said he was really hoping Taco didn't show.... :shock: