What the heck is going on here?

Started by Dave, December 29, 2004, 04:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I just got my renewal notice from haggerty insurance for the 32 ...
699.00  :twisted:
This just aint right
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "N8DC"I just got my renewal notice from haggerty insurance for the 32 ...
This just aint right
Dave

Ok ill reply to my own post.. I just got off the phone with Grundy who wouldnt insure the 32 last year but the nice young lady i spoke with told me they have really relaxed thier policys as far as home built glass cars and it has opened up a whole new market for them. I actually upped the agreed value and got a quote for 380 bucks a year. Now if I went to historic plates which I can do since its titled as a 32 I could save another 127 bucks. I sure wonder whats up with Haggerty :?:
Dave

Sean

I have Historic Plates on mine, but I don't think it made any difference on the Insurance price. I pay less than $300 a year through a regular Insurance company. They just think its an old Farm Truck.

Crosley.In.AZ

I have Grundy for many years.

About 1 year ago I Sent a friend to Grundy for a quote and they refused his car because it was a hotrod. A nice hotrod , not a POS or something wacky.

So I called Grundy, I asked about hotrods / custom cars and recieved a negative answer.  I then asked why old man Grundy is on Speed channel various car shows about insuring hot rods, plus they advertise in Goodguys , etc...

I recieved a call back that I was indeed correct.  I told the gal thanks.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

Quote from: "N8DC"I just got my renewal notice from haggerty insurance for the 32 ...
This just aint right
Dave
How much of an increase is that?

BELLM

You guys are scareing me.  I hope to have my glass bodied 32 on the road in a few months and will need insurance.  The company we use on our regular cars will only write liability.  I have more in the 32 than all the others values combined so I want full coverage.  It has an original 32 frame with original & correct 32 serial # and I have it titled off the frame. Maybe that will help.  
Crosley did your post mean that Grundy's does write these cars ?

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"
This just aint right
Dave

Bout a 50.00 increase from last year and that was too much but i needed it for autorama so i went with it.. Yes grundy saya it will insure glass bodied 32 fords. Mine is titled as a 32. Ill let ya know in a week or so how it goes as they are sending me paper work. also another company in indiana is sending stuff also but they are about  450.00 a year.
Dave

348tripower

I have the F1 insured with Grundy and I will be moving the other two to them at renewal time. Seems that Hagerty has a surcharge for modified vehicles and Grundy does not? So off I go in March.
Don

Quote from: "N8DC"
Quote from: "phat46"
This just aint right
Dave

Bout a 50.00 increase from last year and that was too much but i needed it for autorama so i went with it.. Yes grundy saya it will insure glass bodied 32 fords. Mine is titled as a 32. Ill let ya know in a week or so how it goes as they are sending me paper work. also another company in indiana is sending stuff also but they are about  450.00 a year.
Dave
Don Colliau