Tex Smith's new book

Started by enjenjo, December 24, 2004, 11:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I have finished reading the new book from Tex Smith Publishing, Building guide For Basic Hot Rods, and enjoyed the read. This is similar in format to the other books from TSP, but  dwells on building your car with what you have on hand, rather than a lot of store bought parts. It consists mostly of  examples of cars built on a budget, by the owners, including our own DRD57. Many of these articles were wrtten by the owners themselves. It also has sections on the Dollar a Pound roadster, the 35 convertible sedan that Tex owned, and several Aussie cars too. The nice thing about it, it has info that was first published in Hot Rod Mechanix, years ago, but rewritten into comprehensive articles that cover many things we discuss here every day. Disc brake conversions, including Volvo brakes, building your own frame without a jig, and some basic body repair using simple tools. Most of the older material has been updated to reflect the standards today, and more than half the book is totally fresh material. I would recommend it for those just starting out, and those with some experience. All of us will learn something from this book.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

sounds good.

I should still have my Hot Rod Mechanix mags around here some where.  I wonder where I put hem ...... :?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

OldSub

Quote from: "enjenjo"I have finished reading the new book from Tex Smith Publishing, Building guide For Basic Hot Rods, and enjoyed the read. This is similar in format to the other books from TSP....

I checked Hot Rod Library and Amazon.com and couldn't find it.  Did you get a pre-publication copy or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

rooster

Sounds like a good one, Im still looking for a older one.

enjenjo

Prepub copy, just like the one in the auction. You can get one by calling Jim Clark at 800-513-8133. Don't know the cost, cover price is $22.95
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.