i've been a good boy!

Started by river1, December 25, 2004, 04:32:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

since george was showin off his new welder i thought i'd show off mine. i got it as my birthday/christmas present to myself. it isn't fully operational yet as i'm still hookin up the water cooler to it. it should be up and running next week.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "river1"since george was showin off his new welder i thought i'd show off mine. i got it as my birthday/christmas present to myself. it isn't fully operational yet as i'm still hookin up the water cooler to it. it should be up and running next week.

later jim

Very nice.  Can I borrow it?
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Sean

Very nice. Does it have high frequency and AC for Aluminum? Looks like the Big Brother to the MaxStars we use at work, but you can't weld Aluminum with them.

Crosley.In.AZ

KOOL

I believe the dynasty 200 does it all?  

Water cooled torch is the only way.

jim , seems like you said you were taking / took a welding course?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"KOOL

I believe the dynasty 200 does it all?  

Water cooled torch is the only way.

jim , seems like you said you were taking / took a welding course?

yup

yup

and yup

and for sean yes it has hi feq and AC. it has all the bells and whistles so if it puts out a * weld it would have to be operator error :oops:

later jim

enjenjo

I don't think you've been that good Jim, you ought to send it to me. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

btrc

A water cooled torch would be nice.  l have a Lincoln TIG welder that doesn't have one.  Is that something I can add?  

Bob
Bob

purplepickup

:shock:  :shock: WOW!  That's nice!

.....Wanna trade for a slightly used Century 110V mig with a tank? :lol:
George

river1

Quote from: "btrc"A water cooled torch would be nice.  l have a Lincoln TIG welder that doesn't have one.  Is that something I can add?  

Bob

yes you can add one.

i got one from this guy for $235

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=11774&item=3862559225&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

he has them all the time. most of the time he has a buy it now for $235ish. the ones where the bidding goes on usually goes for $250ish, tho you might get lucky and get one for less.

you'll have to add a water cooled torch and adapt the cooler to your machine but it is not too much of a deal. if you decide to add the cooler i'll be glad to answer any questios you may have.

later jim

river1

Quote from: "purplepickup".....Wanna trade for a slightly used Century 110V mig with a tank? :lol:

ummmm no :D

later jim

58 Yeoman

I feel so 1950ish, not having a water cooled mig welder. :lol:

I don't do enough to really need it, I guess, but my question is that the ebay seller said that he's sold about 250 of these.  Does he actually build these, or does he buy them used and refurbish them?  If he's buying them used, howcum there are so many out there?  Do they go bad and they trade them in, or what?  Seems like he has a good business going there, but will the used ones run out?  I used to fix up Bugs and resell them, but the supply in my area ran out.  That put a stop to my 'business.' :cry:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

river1

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"I feel so 1950ish, not having a water cooled mig welder. :lol:

I don't do enough to really need it, I guess, but my question is that the ebay seller said that he's sold about 250 of these.  Does he actually build these, or does he buy them used and refurbish them?  If he's buying them used, howcum there are so many out there?  Do they go bad and they trade them in, or what?  Seems like he has a good business going there, but will the used ones run out?  I used to fix up Bugs and resell them, but the supply in my area ran out.  That put a stop to my 'business.' :cry:

actually mine is a TIG

i think he gets them from someone in industry. you know how some companies upgrade the equipment once the deductibility is up, even tho the equip is still good. all this is just an assumption on my part.

later jim