This ol truck

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 10, 2004, 09:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

We had this ol truck in the shop today.

Ramjet 502 motor... sounded real good!

He had a 700 our ours in it, with some problems from sitting for 4 years during the truck's construction process.

When he left with a Tony tranny, the truck shifted well under light throttle....plenty of rubber with hard throttle.

Plenty of neat parts in the truck , under it and in the cab... sorry no cab photos
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Guy down the street has one of them, his  has a 350 in it. nice trucks.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

SKR8PN

Tony.........nice truck,but why does the firewall look so bad?
Is it not finished yet,or just a bad reflection??
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

phat46

Love them Studes, I once towed a trailer about 500 miles each way to get one that turned out to be too far gone for me to bring back. I'd still like to get one...and put it in line behind a few other projects. If I get enough projects lined up I will HAVE to live another 100 years just to get them done!
That one has got to be a lot of fun with that engine!  :lol:

Roadstar

I have alway liked the look of those induction systems. They fit the Big block real well and perform exelent.
Thats gonna be a good looking truck whne it done.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "SKR8PN"Tony.........nice truck,but why does the firewall look so bad?
Is it not finished yet,or just a bad reflection??

truck is under construction.  Frame is raw in many places too.

He said he is near the full tear down for prep , paint ,  upholstery.  That is why he was at our shop up  from Tucson to correct the tranny shift troubles.  The tranny was near 5 years old with little use and was really shifting goofy. Sometimes trannys don't like to sit for long periods with short bursts of use, they can get sticky valves in the v-body

So we simply installed a fresh unit I built a few weeks ago.... customer left very happy
Tony

Crafty

Nice truck..

did he mentioned where the front sway bar came from ? or is it something he had made ?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Crafty"Nice truck..

did he mentioned where the front sway bar came from ? or is it something he had made ?

I have no idea
Tony

enjenjo

It looks like a stock Mustang sway bar. At least it has the same bends.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bob K

Hey Tony:  That blue hoist looks awful farmiliar. My "Tony Tranny" shift's real good at low speeds also. Unfortunatley I don't have the ability to burn rubber but that ain't the tranny's fault.

B  :? B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Faat Rod"Hey Tony:  That blue hoist looks awful farmiliar. My "Tony Tranny" shift's real good at low speeds also. Unfortunatley I don't have the ability to burn rubber but that ain't the tranny's fault.

B  :? B

I think you banged yer head on that lift?  LOL

We had new asphalt put down in the parking lot 1 week earlier...We tried to get it finished before the Goodguys tour happened , but the contractor was too busy

this Studie truck blew a cooling line on the tranny where it was sitting in the photo. The owner had done his own steel braided lines.  He did NOT know the braided hose needed to go all the way into the AN fitting before you threaded the two pieces together.  We suggested he re-visit ALL of the hoses on  the truck.

Fresh tranny oil on the new asphault had 3 of us running for the "oil dry".  :lol:
Tony