Terry Cowan of Metalshapers.org

Started by Fat Cat, December 14, 2004, 11:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

I was just going through some of my email trying to catch up on the misc stuff. In that misc stuff was the digests of the last 2 days on the metal Shapers forum. In there was a message that Terry Cowan who operates that forum as well as several others had passed away from a massive heart attack.

I do not know how many of you are members there or had visited there but it is a great resource and was a sort of love child for Terry. He can be said to have certainly moved metal shaping up the list of things not forgotten. He also contacted me some time back and we exchanged banners for our sites in the hopes that we could create some cross traffic. It was initiated on his part and I think it served its function well.

Although I was not as active over there as I am in other places it is still a great place to just see what is happening on the fringe of our hobby.

Terry will be missed.

enjenjo

I'm sorry to hear this, Terry made metalshaping more prominent in the building of cars and other endeavors using metal. He will be missed. :cry:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

I visit the site couple of times a month.  I am sorry to hear this.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

unklian

We will definately miss him.

All the Yahoo groups:A and P Mechanics,Autobody Restoration,
Blacksmiths,Bike Buiders,Metalshapers,and the web site,will continue.

48flatbed

I look at MetalShapers regularly and saw the memorial page yesterday.  I am sorry to hear this.  He will be missed by many, such as I, that have never met him in person but have learned a great deal from his web-work.  He touched more people's lives than he knew.

Jon