Last kid moved out today

Started by 48ford, December 05, 2004, 06:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48ford

It was a bad day,our last one moved out.
for you younger guys take the time,take um fishing,& hunting.
there just was  not enough time.
Russ&Irene :cry:

Sean

Quote from: "48ford"It was a bad day,our last one moved out.

I always joke about having our kids early so we could get them out of the house while we're still fairly young. With the oldest being 15 now, it will soon be a reality and I imagine my wife will be upset for weeks when it happens. Amazing how fast the years go by...

Kctom

Trust me on this,  They will be back.  Sold my sons bed , broke his plate, threw away his glass. Didn't help.

phat46

Yup they will be back..LOL, My older daughter moved out a few years ago, bought an old victorian house, so now i have two old houses to work on; she was here for dinner tonight. My younger one graduated from U of M last May, now she is an unemployed M.E. in North Carolina...she''ll be home on Thursday for a visit through the holidays... her bed is still made in her old room.
I do miss them everyday, but I'm also very proud of them and applaud their independant nature!
Enjoy your time to yourself, they are only a phonecall away.

BELLM

My youngest is a senior in college, moved out 1 1/2 yr ago, still miss her.  But everyone is right, they will be back.  After Amy moved we took all the 9th grade high school girl stuff off her walls & ceiling, did the room up as a nice guest room, after all she was 20 yrs old.  First time home she threw a fit "What happened to muy room??"  Other 2 kids have famalies, now whoever gets here first gets pick of bedroom, that one has the most comfortable bed, gets picked first.  Last ones here get the couch.
I feel your pain, also kinda made me feel a little older.

rumrumm

I will experience the same thing next fall when my youngest son goes to college. I'm sure it will seem strange living in a house and there being just the two of us again--like it was 26 years ago.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dennis the Menace

48Ford, Don't worry the Grandkids will want to come and live with you. We have two who spend more time at our house than there own. :D
Dennis
Photo Guy: WWW.hotrodhotline.com
Dennis  8)

Dave

Our last one finially got married and moved out last summer. He came back 3 times. His wife told me they were moving in again. HA HA I changed the lock on the door. Actually we needed a new one so I had some fun with her like she was having fun with me. I remember telling my step son that the day  I came to the basement to his room and told him the new owners would like him to move out he was in trouble... :lol: