Not another RED Streetrod!

Started by Roadstar, December 01, 2004, 07:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom36

Looks PERFECT!  Then again, I am sort of partial to '36s.  I have one with a dressed flathead, one with a SBF, and the cabriolet I'm doing is 401 Buick nailhead powered.   I keep saying that one day I'll do something different and put a Chevy in something  :) .  Tom..

HotRodLadyCrusr

Per usual, another outstanding job sweetie.  I'm proud of ya!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

C9

Got off on a tangent there and forgot to say how nice the car looks.

Red is a good color choice.  I know that some call it resale red, but it works well on a lot of cars.
Right now I think there's a bit of an undercurrent about red cars are not cool and some who would have painted their car red went in another direction.
Which means that red cars are fewer and further between and around here they're a bit novel and maybe even novel in other areas.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

alchevy

A friend of mine says: "There are only two colors, red and the others."

My '40 Chevy is going to be painted Monte Carlo Victory Red.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Dave

Quote from: "Roadstar"Just though I would show a pic of the latest Rod out of my garage.

I like it, the owner likes it, and you should too :lol:

It's all Ford, 351 Winsor/C4 with a 9 inch rear.

Long story....15 year build, three owners, actually started with a Amall block chevy. The last owner said I hate chevys and had me put the Ford drivetrain in it.

Hey who am I to argue. And my Roadster runs sweet with the engine that came out of the 36. :wink:

Looks good Rudy.. Hey any of you going to Birch Run this weekend? I just found out today that my buddy that hauled the 32 to cobo last year took his 34 up today and didnt invite me  :(  If id have known id have offered to go and help him set up. I found out too late to call him and offer and also get the afternoon off at work. Sue and I are going up early saturday and i have to give her 1 hour at the xmas shop in frankenmuth  :(  Then its off to the show. Ive also heard rumors they are letting rat rods into autorama this year? Cool............. Id rather look at them then them dam tuner thingy's

Dave :b-d:

BELLM

Nice work Rudy, as usual!  How could anyone NOT like that 36.
BTW, this is my first post here, read the HAMB post last night re Big Olds doors, came over, registered.  Lots of familiar names here, good not to feel like a stranger.  Hopefully I can contribute as well as get advice.   :)

Sean

Quote from: "BELLM"Nice work Rudy, as usual!  How could anyone NOT like that 36.
BTW, this is my first post here, read the HAMB post last night re Big Olds doors, came over, registered.  Lots of familiar names here, good not to feel like a stranger.  Hopefully I can contribute as well as get advice.   :)

Lots of us post on the HAMB, and I imagine most of the RRT'ers that don't post are at least lurking over there. May be a different style of Rods on the RRT, but the skills and craftsmanship are the same. If there are any credit card rodders here, they have kept themselves pretty well hidden...

The biggest difference between the HAMB and the RRT is the Drama level. :wink:

Nice Job!! I love the lines on the 35/36 sedans....Looking for a 35/6 Flatback for a future project....Anyone got one hidden in the barn??Red will always be a "Can't Miss" color!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

Hi Bellm!  GREAT to see you here.  It's not necessary BUT why don't you post an intro so those on the RRT that don't know who you are can be filled in.

xoxoxo
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.