Parades

Started by alchevy, December 06, 2004, 02:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

I had my '40 Chevy in two Christmas Parades on Saturday. It was fun. There were about 5 parades in Central Mississippi that day.  The first one was a morning parade in Clinton, MS a town about 35 minutes from where I live. The second one was at night in Vicksburg. It was the first time they had done one at night since they had redone the streets and put in new lighting.

Be carefull out there...during the morning parade, a 7 year old got off of a float and got ran over with the same float. He is expected to make a full recovery.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

48flatbed

I took the 48 to some parades on Saturday.  My day didn't go so well.  The ignition module went bad about 6 minutes into the first parade, so I pulled it off the road on the starter, and towed it home.  Kids were bummed because they were pumped about tossing out the candy.   I went to the other parade as a static display.  Kids got to ride with the mayor of that one so they got to throw candy after all.  I replaced the module and got it running in time for the next parade but it was postponed due to rain.

jon

alchevy

It must of been the Saturday to have parades. Funny how they all land on the same day sometimes.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Cword

I've been to a couple Santa parades
The first was a gold medal day

The Second as a chaperone for the marching band.

Christmas has been a gas so far this year
--