LOL first snow A+ drivers.

Started by Dave, November 24, 2004, 06:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I was gonna hunt tonite but the rain didnt really change to good snow till about 5 pm. When I left a friends house for home it was looking good (thats for a guy with a 4x4 that wants to play) I drove by the hunting grounds just looking for deer then hit the main road. Only a 1/2 mile a car in the ditch. Went thru the next town still on back roads and just out side of town there was a suv on its roof way down in the weeds. Another 5 miles a pickup pointed the wrong way in the ditch. Next mile after a right and left turn (still having fun on the back roads in 4x4) a van in the ditch. 5 more miles a 4x4 jeep way out in the brush, another 1/4 mile a car on its side. Got home and Sue wanted to know where the hell i was LOL...
Playing with my 4x4
Dave
I love winter..................

Dave

Quote from: "N8DC"I was gonna hunt tonite but the rain didnt really change to good snow till about 5 pm. When I left a friends house for home it was looking good (thats for a guy with a 4x4 that wants to play) I drove by the hunting grounds just looking for deer then hit the main road. Only a 1/2 mile a car in the ditch. Went thru the next town still on back roads and just out side of town there was a suv on its roof way down in the weeds. Another 5 miles a pickup pointed the wrong way in the ditch. Next mile after a right and left turn (still having fun on the back roads in 4x4) a van in the ditch. 5 more miles a 4x4 jeep way out in the brush, another 1/4 mile a car on its side. Got home and Sue wanted to know where the ##### i was LOL...
Playing with my 4x4
Dave
I love winter..................

I just heard lansing airport is closed cause a plane ran off the runway???? Snow tires ????
Dave 8)

58 Yeoman

I was listening to WLS-AM Chicago on the way home tonight, and someone called Roe from his cell phone to say that he was in a ditch.  He said that he had all wheel drive, so he figured that he could drive faster. LOL.  He said that more people were stopping, and maybe could help.  Someone in an Escalade was watching cartoons on a dvd player.  He must have been in the ditch too. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

the drivers here do that in clear dry weather.

Mon thru friday there are 1- 3 roll overs every morning!  As I listen to the radio ( After I am at work ) ....often I hear the roll over is on the freeway on-ramp, not the freeway.  What are these idiots doing?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

47wood

My favorites are those wonderboys with the new 4X4 that go out in the next ice storm.  "It'll be okay, cause I've got 4-wheel drive."  They don't realize 4X4 just lets you slide into the ditch in a slightly more controlled fashion.   :lol:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

enjenjo

back in 97 my brother in law bought a new Ford F150 4x4, the first one they had. first snow, my sister in law drove to Monroe mich from there home in Ecorse. On the way home, in the snow, at about 55 mph, in four wheel drive, she figured it wasn't needed, so she shifted into two wheel drive, electric shift you know. In short order she found herself in the ditch with one severly smashed up new truck. the second of three new trucks they had that year. My nephew tore the drivers door off the first one, but that's another story. :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Crosley"the drivers here do that in clear dry weather.

Mon thru friday there are 1- 3 roll overs every morning!  As I listen to the radio ( After I am at work ) ....often I hear the roll over is on the freeway on-ramp, not the freeway.  What are these idiots doing?

I was wondering where all the idiots from around here went :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dirk35

Its the same story around here at the first few snow falls.

People either:
1. just cannot get it into their pea sized brains that four-wheel-drive/all-Wheel-drive only makes you be able to GO better, and do nothing to help stop any better! Heck a Geo metro has the same 4 wheel brakes that a huge 4X4 has, they just have the sense to drive safer.

Or

2. have 4WD/AWD, and just drive that way cause its fun and dont give a crap if they hit a ditch!

I have been guilty of #2 a time or three hundred.  :lol:  :roll:  :lol: I am smart enough not to do it with others on the road though so I dont plow into others.

Crosley.In.AZ

mayb they are looking for the fields and ditches they moved away from?

:arrow:    :lol:

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "Crosley"the drivers here do that in clear dry weather.

I was wondering where all the idiots from around here went :lol:  :lol:

Vance
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)