Chroming Aluminum....Can anyone recomend a Good Shop??

Started by 40, November 23, 2004, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My brother-in-law wants to chrome the wheels and various other pieces on his custom bike that are now polished aluminum.Nobody in our immediate area does aluminum so figured if we were going to have to ship them anyway...might as well use the best shop available.Thanks!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

If price isn't an issue,   Advanced Plating in Nashville has a good reputation for quality and I've heard they stand behind their work.  I can't speak from experience because I can't afford them.  I see on their website that a spoked or solid aluminum bike wheel costs $500-$600 to chrome.
George

58 Yeoman

There is a place somewhere in TX that does wheels, etc for Goldwings, and their wheels are also in the $500 range, but are supposed to be beautiful.  I could look them up on the bike site if you want.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Charlie Chops 1940

I can vouch for Advance Plating. They do really nice work. I have had a couple things done by them over the years. I think Jack had them do some '41 grille pieces...if I remember right there was a problem with one and they took care of it,

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

n.c.rodder

I just got back my trunk hinges from Advanced Plating. Excellent job!! I still can't believe they're the same pieces of crap I sent in. So, yes I would recommend them. :D
Till we meet - On the street

SKR8PN

http://www.customchromeplating.com

Jon has done all the plating on my truck and it is FLAWLESS.
He is also VERY good with diecast repairs.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

enjenjo

Quote from: "SKR8PN"http://www.customchromeplating.com

Jon has done all the plating on my truck and it is FLAWLESS.
He is also VERY good with diecast repairs.

I can also Vouch for Jon. They are scheduled several months in advance, so figure that into the mix too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Thanks Guys....I'll pass the info along! Time is really not a consideration at this point....it looks like MANY months before the bike comes out of hibernation from the Winter.Any idea what the lead time is with Advance??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

n.c.rodder

It was less than a month for my hinges - Of course they are alot smaller than wheels!
You can call them for a catalog, it did have a price list of all their services 1-800-588-6686

Mike
Till we meet - On the street