Asking price for '53 F100 project

Started by rovic, November 22, 2004, 06:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rovic

Due to job layoffs I need to sell my unfinished '53 F100.Project Truck was a frame off rebuild.Frame was sandblasted,Fat Man MII,rebuilt stock a frames w/FullTilt Rod Shop strut rod eliminators,Granada rotors w '82 Mustang calipers,'85 Tbird power r&p,rear suspension is '68 Chevy truck trailing arms and coils,9" 3.25 FORD .It has a  new '69 Mustang gas tank w/sender mounted inside frame behind the 9".It has a .030/302 ,arp rod &head bolts,351W ported heads,and a complete Comp Camp vavletrain including a 268  EXTREME ENERGY cam,lifters springs,retainers ,locks,timing chain and gears.Has a chrome power plus intake and 600 Holley,finned aluminum valve covers and 5.0 Mustang headers.Trans is a C-6 with B&M Internals and a Holeshot convertor.All body parts were plastic media blasted and primed with epoxy primer.The rh rear cab corner wsa replaced and a electric antenae was frenched in.The fuel filler on the LH was filled as well as the cowl vent and the air intakes on the rf.The dash was smoothed .The cab,both doors,both front fenders were blocked sanded and ready for paint.It was to be painted 2000 Ford Focus blue pearl,color code K7.The inner fender aprons,the panel above the radiator,radiator support,lower gravel panel and grill are painted BC/CC. Truck has a new 4 core radiator and new a/c condensor.The door hinges rebushed and painted as was as all the small parts that go under the hood.The hood is in epoxy a still unfinished,as is the running boards.The bed and tailgate were shot, but I have two workable sets of rear fenders.I also will throw in a complete extra stock rolling chassis with this. What is fair asking price for this?? Do you know anyone looking for a truck.I'm in Mississippi and the truck was from Texas and I have Texas title.I would sell with or without the engine/trans.Please give me ideas on a asking price I need the money!!

7was block sanded nd ready for

alchevy

rovic,
Where in Mississippi are you located? I'm in Vicksburg. I may have a friend here at work that might be interested in your truck project. Sounds like a lot of work has been done to it. Is any of it assembled? Can you post some pictures? Remember that pictures 500 x 400 and under work best here. '53, is that like the one on Sanford & Son?
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

rovic

The
Quote from: "40chevy"rovic,
Where in Mississippi are you located? I'm in Vicksburg. I may have a friend here at work that might be interested in your truck project. Sounds like a lot of work has been done to it. Is any of it assembled? Can you post some pictures? Remember that pictures 500 x 400 and under work best here. '53, is that like the one on Sanford & Son?
AL
I'M on the other side of the state in Columbus and the Sanford and Son truck was a '51 or '52,I think.1953,'54,'55,' ARE similar just different grilles,56 similar but doors and cab a little different.I don't have any picyures to post and would'nt know how if I did.I type with one finger and not real sharp with computers.If you have any Questions email me at vnewman@cdispatch.com.Everything on the chassis is assembled ,encluding engine/trans ,driveshaft.etc and it rolls .Body is apart, wasgoing to paint then assemble.You could finish paint,wire it up ,install glass and interior and be driving.