dehumidified water.....

Started by slocrow, November 10, 2004, 09:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Cat

Quote from: "purplepickup"Probably no one here has even heard of Firesign Theater.....and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I was starring at the door on my office and reading the name on it, Regnad Kcin.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Fat Cat"I was starring at the door on my office and reading the name on it, Regnad Kcin.
Since their humor is kind of "off the wall" I wondered who else was a fan of them.  Somehow I expected you might be....and you were just a twinkle in enjenjo's eye when they made their first album :lol:  

Hey, sometime I'd like to get copies of your mp3s if you don't care.  My albums have long since been shot at, puked on, or otherwise sent to vinyl heaven.
George

slocrow

Rocky Rococco, at your cervix!!!

Oh Georgie George George, your such a tool.

Where's the fire in your eyes, Lt. Bradshaw

Stand up straight. Don't fidget when I'm talking to you & stop tracking  
mud across my nice clean kitchen floor.......

At 4th and Druckard he turns left, at Druckard and 4th he turns right.

I think I'm going to have to rehydrate this thread.............
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

56ngirl

Quote from: "slocrow"I finally relented and bought a dehumidifier for the basement. To my surprise the rain forest is disappearing. I'm pouring out a gallon every two days.
As I'm dumping this down the drain I started to wonder if using this accumulated water in the cooling system and possibly the battery would be as good as the suggested distilled water. It's got to be better then tap water, especially here with our extra hard stuff. Any thoughts or known drawbacks? Thanks, Frank

I'm not sure if this will help: but a Harley Owner friend of mine had a horrible problem with humidity in  a below-ground garage (into the side of a hill)-all the the leather was covered with mildew within two weeks....he was devastated.....

Since this guy let me store the Monaco there for the better part of the summer while I prettied it up and found storage for it; my dad and I did some searching and found this stuff called Xypex (I think that is the spelling) and you can get it at a Home Depot in the concrete department.  

It's a powder that is mixed with water in to a slurry (like pancake batter) and gooped on to the walls.  It has to be kept wet for three days with gentle hosing (not to rinse it off) and then allowed to dry.  

The stuff bonds with water and forms a solid crystal lattice up to 8" (or 11", I can't remember)  in back in to the concrete itself (but most walls aren't that thick).  As as wetness creeps in, this stuff remains active.  Ever since we put it on in the middle of August, he said that he barely turns the massive de-humidifier on anymore (just to make sure the stuff is working....).  Before he was emptying the drip try sometimes twice a day.

It dries the same colour as concrete.  Maybe this will help????