Anyone looking for a Power Glide?

Started by phat46, November 06, 2004, 02:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

I was cleaning the shop in preperation for the winter building season and I unearthed a long lost aluminum case Power Glide trans under some shelves. It came from a '65 Impala SS that i owned a long time ago. It worked fine when I pulled it from the SS to put in a BB Chevy and a Turbo 350.
If anyone wants this trans I'd make them a good deal. I know that at one time they were sought after, but i don't know if they are anymore.
BTW does anyone know how to tell the difference in Chevy torque conveters? I uncovered three of those too, but I know only one is for the 'Glide, just don't know which one.

enjenjo

They are still worth $100 or so for cores. On the convertor, the reaction shaft on a Glide trans is smaller, so look in the hole in the back, and compare shaft sizes between the convertors, the small one is for the glide
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"They are still worth $100 or so for cores. On the convertor, the reaction shaft on a Glide trans is smaller, so look in the hole in the back, and compare shaft sizes between the convertors, the small one is for the glide

Thanks, I'd sell it for half that, and throw in the rusty, er, I mean the perfectly good converter too....

river1

Quote from: "enjenjo"and compare shaft sizes

wasn't denise bringing that up here at the bottom of the page

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1544&start=20&sid=f76a3dd2ec3bb1ecb0f6b48c7d3094ca

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.