56 olds wing window trim rivets

Started by Denise's Dad, November 05, 2004, 07:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denise's Dad

Hi
 First time out.
I'm getting ready to send my window trim to advanced plating. I know they don't wantthings attached to the frame. I'm afraid to drill out the rivets because I don't know where to get them replaced.. Can anybody give me a solution?
                              Jim

enjenjo

You can get the rivets from McMasterCarr. I would use stainless steel rivets. They have the rivet sets too, the tool for installing them. There are probably several places in the Detroit area that have them too, if you want to call around.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

sal37

Hi Jim
Welcome to RRT.  Good to hear you are doing some work to that great car of yours.  Have you chosen the color scheme yet??  Was the article on the two tone car that Popedownunder sent over useful??
Best wishes

Steve

Denise's Dad

Quote from: "sal37"Hi Jim
Welcome to RRT.  Good to hear you are doing some work to that great car of yours.  Have you chosen the color scheme yet??  Was the article on the two tone car that Popedownunder sent over useful??
Best wishes

Steve
Steve
I had a lot of good answers to the questions about color combos for the olds and I thank everybody.. The colors that I have chosen for the car are some shade of silver for the front with the back being black. Thanks for your interest.
Jim

Denise's Dad

Quote from: "enjenjo"You can get the rivets from McMasterCarr. I would use stainless steel rivets. They have the rivet sets too, the tool for installing them. There are probably several places in the Detroit area that have them too, if you want to call around.
Thanks for the quick reply, now I'll have to try and find Mc Masters on the Webb unless you know another way. I'm not familyer with the process here but if you think people would be interested in seeing some photos as progress on the cargoes on just let me know and i'll try to accomadate the site..
Thanks again Jim

enjenjo

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Try there for a start.

I always like progress pictures :lol:

Roadstar

Hey jim, Welcome to the RRT. Mc Master Car has a great website. Easy to order from them right on line too. IF they don't have something it does not exsist.

Black and silver sound great for the car.

And yes by all means post some pics of the progress. I know one of your neighbors could probably help you with the pic posting :wink:

Denise's Dad

Quote from: "Roadstar"Hey jim, Welcome to the RRT. Mc Master Car has a great website. Easy to order from them right on line too. IF they don't have something it does not exsist.

Black and silver sound great for the car.

And yes by all means post some pics of the progress. I know one of your neighbors could probably help you with the pic posting :wink:

Gee, what nieghbor might that be?

enjenjo

QuoteGee, what nieghbor might that be?

The guy that lives next door to Denise. :lol: