the project is a 'roller'

Started by GPster, October 24, 2004, 08:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

I had to move the truck out of the garage post-flood and thought I'd use the pressure washer on it before moving it back.  I got a new battery and will soon have a try at getting it to roll over.  At least it's cleaner now. :)  GPster [/img]

GPster

I'm trying to attach a couple of photos - maybe it'll work this time ?? GPster

GPster

Last night Linda tried taking them directly off the C?D without loading them in a file on the computor. Tonight when we did that much right (read the directions) then we found out the pictures were too large. We resized them and it worked. But because she read the direction about editing a post she did that so it looked like nothing had changed. I'm just flapping my jaws to get it back on the top of the page so you can see what I'm talking about. GPster

enjenjo

Well it's looking good so far. Keep it up Joe.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

It is low enough.  Section the body  about 3 - 4 inches.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"It is low enough.  Section the body  about 3 - 4 inches.
I've thought that way before     but     I've riden in these cabs before. Do to my lack of coordination, weak double vision with lack of depth perception and weak mobility I feel I need the upright seating of the stock seat. It would be nice to section the doors because they are already missing about 3" of door skin (at the bottom). Because this thing is being put together with junk it will not have power steering so the big/stock size steering wheel will probably be necessary. With the stock seats a sectioning would not leave much room for my legs. Surprisingly , the way things are going together the column/steering wheel, pedals and seat are all in the same position as they were in the car, which I could drive. Please don't stop with the suggestions. I've think I've thought of everything and I'm only writing down my ideas to see if they're still valid, I'm not in-falable and I've probably missed something

alchevy

What year is your truck? Here's some pictures of a similar one, just not as low as yours. I like the rounded back windows. This one was at a car show I went to over the weekend.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

GPster

Quote from: "40chevy"What year is your truck?
The title and the plate on the driver's side door jam say mine is a '51. Those trucks can be like early Volkswagons,there are differences in the second generation '47s and the first series '55s but you can't see them unless you know what you're looking for. At the begining I thought that the extra windows were part of a year change but they are one of the differences between a Standard or Delux cab. You should always be safe and ask what year it is. Some people are particular (not me). Of course go to an NSRA event and every one you see will be a '47 or '48.