Toyota did well in Hong Kong

Started by nzsimon, October 23, 2004, 07:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nzsimon

Just got back from a trip to Hong Kong and China boy what a culture shock
I thought of Carps in Hong Kong as every single Taxi was A Toyota Crown Comfort with dedicated LPG and red and there were thousands of them would have loved to have the commision on that sale

China was the biggest culture shock we went a fair way in about 3 hours from the border in a industrial town stayed at the flashest hotel I have ever seen surrounded by poverty

Did a factory tour of one of my suppliers they have several thousand workers living on site saw hundreds of motorbikes with no brands I recognised and no known brands I even saw Harley copies with obscure names on them

A really good idea is they have huge counters on the traffic lights telling you by the second when the lights are going to change

Pretty scary traffic they can't seem to decide which side of the car to put the wheel so they have cars with both (not in the same car ) and different toll booths on the freeways to cope with either this of course is chaos at the toll booth approaches as cars swerve to a booth that accomodates left or right hand drive

Roundabouts were the craziest 4 lanes round with no markings trucks busses bicycles and pedestrians and sometimes cars going round the wrong way traffic backed up for miles and No-one gives way ever
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

Crosley.In.AZ

Sounds like Phoenix Aridzona.

Did you see many fingers in the air?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)