Am I crazy for being upset...

Started by 1FATGMC, September 27, 2004, 06:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Quote from: "Kerry"It seems to me it all comes down to respect.  There seems to be a lot less of it around these days.  We continually are trying to teach our kids respect for others but this culture we live in these days is all about self instead of others.  Sad.
Sad indeed, but we shouldn't ever give up.  

Just last weekend, I got to puff out my chest when I was told what a kind and helpful person my daughter is.  Proves there's still people appreciate the freindship and help they get and feels good knowing I got something right in parenthood.

Of course there was also that ugly thought that this person may have my kid confused with somebody else.   I often wonder that the person people descibe to me as being my kid, does not seem to be the same person that lives at our house.  :wink:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

moondisc

About a year ago a guy emailed me. He was building a 41 Olds, and wanted to know all the details of how I did the brakes, rack, etc.
I spent 1/2 hour typing an email, and told him I'd put the car on the lift and send him pics. Never heard back.
Yesterday I got an email from him. He just got back from Iraq.
Now I feel like a *.

But someone asking a person they don't know to call clear across the country on their dime?

That takes rude to a new level!  :evil:

48builder

Now I feel like a #####.

At least you don't look and smell like one. Wait a minute. On second thought.....
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Brootal

Quote from: "Carps"I often wonder that the person people descibe to me as being my kid, does not seem to be the same person that lives at our house.  :wink:

I'm gonna tell her you said that Carps. :)

Boy are YOU going to be in trouble...  :lol:
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

mrloboy

Hi Sum;
We all get inquiries and pleas for our opinions on our fabricating opinions. I have dealt with these for 30 years. Yes, many of these inquiries are from young innocent teens, but they do mature into present day consumers! I spent many hours talking with youths in the 70's that have now returned to my facility for advise or services. Most of these young people have graduated from highschool and most have college degrees. They want the same cars they wanted at age 17, but now can afford the services from the "old guy" that took the time to talk to them in their youth to provide them with the the product they now desire.

Gambler

I know I sure appreciate all the free..err.great advice I got from ya old farts! Can't wait to put it action :D

no, really, thanks guys, and I agree, we're all spoiled to a point with instant gratification regarding info and the net, problem is its too * easy to forget proper ettiquette, even if its just a 'thanks'

-ryan

Dirk35

Id like to say thank you for your site personally, and it was cool to meet ya at the NATs earlier this summer.
Now, having said that.......

Dont let it bother you Sumner. Ya Im sure it really irritating. But ya also gotta remember, There are all kinda of whackos in the world. Just remember , life is a recipicol(sp?) effect, give him what he really deserves. Dont even bother to respond to him for making such a outlandish request. Im sure he will get over it. He is probably a young kid. ..................................Or he could be like me, and only have a cell phone, where it no longer costs for long distance in the Contential United States and He doesnt take into consideration that not everyone in the world doest have the same as him. Some people just really dont think of others sometimes......and do not even realize they are doing it.  Dont let ONE INDIVIDUAL ruin it for all others.

If ya let it bother ya though, itll affect others that do send questions to you, that are deserving of an answer.