84 to 93 Corvettes

Started by enjenjo, September 07, 2024, 11:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Why are these models so cheap?  I see multiples of them listed for $1500 to $2500. There is one on facebook right now for $500.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

WZ JUNK

I have noticed the same here.  I keep thinking that I should build something using one of those chassis.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

kb426

The lack of build quality and lack of hp has a lot to do with it. The zr1's are the only units I see bringing much money. I don't  know if the chassis is good or not but the suspension is very useable. The downside is the auto trans cars have a dana 36 rear end. The manual's have a dana 44.
TEAM SMART

idrivejunk

Name any GM car (besides GN) 1984-1993 which is valuable now. I'll wait...

That was the automotive soul killing decade. Best forgotten. All unwanted everything. Ugly and clunky. Theres one at the shop I've used as a junk bin for the last decade. Owner died, nobody wants it.
Matt

jaybee

I think they're better cars than the money they bring, but they could use an upgrade to engine and interior alike. They also don't have a particularly stiff chassis, but there are kits available to help in that regard. https://www.motortrend.com/how-to/1711-cure-for-creaking-c4-corvettes-vette2vettes-no-flex-kit/
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)