'Nother Intro

Started by lobucrod, October 19, 2004, 01:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lobucrod

Been checking this site our for a day or two. Looks like a pretty good place to hang out. Even recognize a name or two. Hi Denise! Had the same 1938 Chevy coupe for 30 years now. Been on 3 power tours, long hauler on two of them. Even snuck in a few pics in Hot Rod mags power tour issues. Look forward to chewing some fat with you guys, and dolls. Mike

Keep the greazy side down!

enjenjo

Welcome to the board. Buddy has a 37 he has owned for 20 years, must be something about them.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

awsum34

Hi Mike, Welcome aboard, It's been awhile since i've talked with you.
The only dumb question is the one you don\'t ask

SKR8PN

Welcome man...........
You won't find a nicer bunch, anyplace else on the www :D
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

lobucrod

Quote from: "awsum34"Hi Mike, Welcome aboard, It's been awhile since i've talked with you.

Hi RIck. Glad to see an ole buddy here from way back in the RoadToad days. You can't keep an ole rodder down.....well maybe just long enough to take a nap under the rod on the creeper!

Hi Mike.....Glad you could join us!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "40"Hi Mike.....Glad you could join us!

Welcome Mike!
glad to see another Rodder from the Panhandle.
hope you stick around awhile, these folks are a hoot!!  :roll:

Vance

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't compare yourself to others, they are more screwed up than you think"
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

purplepickup

Hi Mike.  It's good to hear from you again.  Welcome to the RRT.
George

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "lobucrod"Been checking this site our for a day or two. Looks like a pretty good place to hang out. Even recognize a name or two. Hi Denise! Had the same 1938 Chevy coupe for 30 years now. Been on 3 power tours, long hauler on two of them. Even snuck in a few pics in Hot Rod mags power tour issues. Look forward to chewing some fat with you guys, and dolls. Mike

Keep the greazy side down!

Hi Mike, Welcome aboard!!!  :wink:

HotRodLadyCrusr

WOW, your certainly a blast from the past.  Glad you found your way here.  I haven't thought about the "RoadToads" in a while.  Good group of folks on that site.  Same here on the RRT, AWESOME group of hot rodders with a ton of knowledge to share.  

I've attached a couple of photos from Power Tour 2001.  Not sure if you've seen these before but they should sure bring back some cool memories.  Can't remember the last time we had contact but I now have a '47 Olds convert w/455.  He's affectionantly called "Big Olds".  I believe I did PT 2002 with him.

So... fill me in on whats going on in your life.  Still seeing the same gal?  How are the kids?
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

47wood

Welcome to the RRT Mike.  Good to see another rodder from the southwest.   :wink:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

lobucrod

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"WOW, your certainly a blast from the past.  Glad you found your way here.  I haven't thought about the "RoadToads" in a while.  Good group of folks on that site.  Same here on the RRT, AWESOME group of hot rodders with a ton of knowledge to share.  

I've attached a couple of photos from Power Tour 2001.  Not sure if you've seen these before but they should sure bring back some cool memories.  Can't remember the last time we had contact but I now have a '47 Olds convert w/455.  He's affectionantly called "Big Olds".  I believe I did PT 2002 with him.

So... fill me in on whats going on in your life.  Still seeing the same gal?  How are the kids?

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! Yes Denise, I have these same Pics in my PT album. I remember the Big Olds too. I thought at one time you were trying to sell it? Guess you rethunk that huh. Kelly and I are still doing great. Been together for 3 years now. She went with me on the long haul this year and had a blast. Was looking for you along the way. Didnt to the PT in 2002, was in the middle of the big D then. Talked to your dad in Nashville last year and saw him on the road this year. Both my boys are in College and doing great, Nate in Texas Tech and Kellan at South Plains Jr College.

alchevy

Denise, whose '40 Chevy in the picture (it's either peach colored or pink)? You know those '40 Chevrolets like having their pictures taken, at least mine does.

Mike, nice looking '38 Chevy. That year and model is one of my favorites. I started looking for a car from '37-'39 because '37 was the first year Chevy stopped putting wood inside as support. I ended up with a '40, but I still like the years just before it also. Take a look at my website for pictures of the buildup of my car.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

mrloboy

Hi Mike!
Great people here and a wealth of information, mostly hi quality. The entertainment value is supburb! Welcome to the family! rj