Speedometer cable adapter needed

Started by WZ JUNK, October 16, 2004, 05:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I need an adapter for the back of a speedometer that turns the input 90 degrees.    We installed new air in my friend Larry's 35 Chevy coupe last week and when we put the dash back into the car, the new air unit, (which is physically bigger), will not allow us to hook up the speedometer.   Do any of you know of such an item exist and if so, where I can purchase one?
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Fat Cat

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I need an adapter for the back of a speedometer that turns the input 90 degrees.    We installed new air in my friend Larry's 35 Chevy coupe last week and when we put the dash back into the car, the new air unit, (which is physically bigger), will not allow us to hook up the speedometer.   Do any of you know of such an item exist and if so, where I can purchase one?

like this http://shop.store.yahoo.com/gofast/autmetmecela.html

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Fat Cat"
Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I need an adapter for the back of a speedometer that turns the input 90 degrees.    We installed new air in my friend Larry's 35 Chevy coupe last week and when we put the dash back into the car, the new air unit, (which is physically bigger), will not allow us to hook up the speedometer.   Do any of you know of such an item exist and if so, where I can purchase one?

like this http://shop.store.yahoo.com/gofast/autmetmecela.html

Thanks Frank, I will call them Monday.  It says it is for a tach, but it might work on a speedometer.  Hard to tell from the picture.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

tom

late 80's early 90's ski doo's used a 90 on their speedo's. they looked similar to the tach drive.

1FATGMC

John I'm using one on the back of my speedo that I got years ago.  I'm pretty sure it was a VDO item.  I odered it from the place that use to have gauge adds on the back cover or inside back cover of either or both Street Rodder and Rod & Cusom a few years back.  

If you don't have any luck let me know.  I think it was expensive at about $50.00 and took about 3 months to come, but it solved problems I was having with the speedo not working right since the cable was in a little bind.

c ya, Sum

Bob K

John: Can you hang on till I get home, I've got one I bought to use on my 58 vette but never did, it's no godd to me and you can have it.

I won't be home till Friday though.

B  8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

WZ JUNK

Thanks Bob, no hurry and I will tell Larry this morning.  I have been following "Bob's Great Adventure" on the net.  I hope all goes well from here on home.   If you need to stop, or need something on your way through here, stop by.  We are always in the shop but we are not always working.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

old32

I've use one on my daughters Stude.
Just be careful you get the right one, the first sold to us reversed the direction. Took us ages to work out what was wrong, checking trans drive gears etc etc. It wasn't until we went on a long trip, she pulled up next to me laughing her head off.  Saying how good her car was, she had travelled 50 miles less than when we left. :oops:
:twisted:  :twisted: The Older I Get The Faster I Was :twisted:  :twisted: